6MOONS REVIEW: MPX3 is here!!!!
Sep 28, 2004 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

tom hankins

Headphoneus Supremus
The review of the MPX3 is up on the www.6moons.com site. Sounds like the reviewer was totally blown away by the amp. It got one of his 6m00ns awards for best headphone amp. He compares it a bunch to the stealth II and pretty much prefers it to the headamp section of the stealth. He says its his favorite head amp he's heard. (stealth II, emmaline portable, ASL, Audio Auro, Hes reviewed a bunch)
Congrats to Mikhail and Singlepower!!

Sep 28, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 71
This is a great review, and deservedly so. I'm so glad to see that Mikhail is getting recognition in the wider audio community (though Head-Fi gets a good plus too!)
Congratulations to Mikhail - an innovative and high-quality amp designer! His amps are just fabulous - every one that I've heard has been wonderful. I'm glad he's starting to get the wider recognition that he so deserves!

Sep 28, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 71
Great read. I can't wait until I get my MPX3 to test drive versus my Cary and affordable Go-Vibe. I'll try to post comparisions if I can get away from listening to music
icon10.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #5 of 71
How'd he get a pass on the interior shots? That's a neat trick and the very first time I've seen Six Moons publish a review without them. When I get mine next week I'll be more than happy to open it up and post pics.

Sep 29, 2004 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 71
I hope my PPX3 is close behind the MPX3
smily_headphones1.gif
Darn, now I'm starting to wonder if I should have gotten the MPX3. Although I did add the PIO caps and the Stage 1 power upgrade to my PPX3.

Wow, the reviewer said even if he had $2500.00 to spend he would buy this amp over anything else in that range. That says a lot.

Sep 29, 2004 at 12:01 AM Post #7 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
How'd he get a pass on the interior shots? That's a neat trick and the very first time I've seen Six Moons publish a review without them. When I get mine next week I'll be more than happy to open it up and post pics.

And how is that going to change that the reviewer liked the MPX3 so much more than the Stealth? (since that is what this is about)
Also how are those pictures going to change the fact that Mikhail has sold close to 200 amps since he started and only had two early amps returned to have fans repaired? also, how is that going to change his customer service record and his overwhelming good reviews of all models at meets and buy owners? How the amps look inside is really a non-issue since they never get returned for need of repair. The amps last and they sound great. If you dont like the way they sound or the way they are built....dont buy one. But dont think posting the pictures is going to make people not hear what they hear. If they are built so poorly, why is no one returning them for repair? You are coming off as the biggest TROLL on head-fi. Grow up.

Sep 29, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #8 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
And how is that going to change that the reviewer liked the MPX3 so much more than the Stealth? (since that is what this is about)
Also how are those pictures going to change the fact that Mikhail has sold close to 200 amps since he started and only had two early amps returned to have fans repaired? also, how is that going to change his customer service record and his overwhelming good reviews of all models at meets and buy owners? How the amps look inside is really a non-issue since they never get returned for need of repair. The amps last and they sound great. If you dont like the way they sound or the way they are built....dont buy one. But dont think posting the pictures is going to make people not hear what they hear. If they are built so poorly, why is no one returning them for repair? You are coming off as the biggest TROLL on head-fi. Grow up.

We'll see when the pics are posted.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Too late,I already bought an SDS,MPX3 and a Supra.

Sep 29, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #10 of 71
Quote:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

If your so displeased with the singlepowers build quality why would you buy any?

Sep 29, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #11 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagosaku
By definition, can a 'moderator' be a troll?
Sorry, I am new here
smily_headphones1.gif

Because you're new you should probably stay out of it
wink.gif
Anyway, welcome to head-fi, now can we get back on topic
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #12 of 71
man...this review was the last thing I needed.

I'm gonna have to order one soon. I been a headphone convert since March and already I've gotten the upgraditis... my poor wallet.
600smile.gif

Sep 29, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #13 of 71
Quote:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Once again you avoid the issues. Have the amps you bought broke down? Whats your point? If the amps sound great and dont break you have no basis to say they are not built good. Post the pictures, and also post some stats as how many of the owners of the amps have returned them because they broke down due to the internal design. I think you should go back and read the review again(or your MPX3 review) and you will understand why so many of us like the amps.
1. They sound great
2. They ARE VERY RELIABLE
3. They have a very good warranty
4. They are dead quiet
I personally am very leary of any one who would go to the extreme of buying those three amps ($$$) just discredit the builder.

Sep 29, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #14 of 71
That's a very good review and congrats to Mikhail for geting more positive press. While I don't own my MPX3 anymore it was a great amp and I could see myself with a Supra someday
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #15 of 71
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Why so many of us like the amps:
1. They sound great
2. They ARE VERY RELIABLE
3. They have a very good warranty
4. They are dead quiet
I personally am very leary of any one who would go to the extreme of buying those three amps ($$$) just discredit the builder.

[/size]
Plus Mikhail is a great guy to deal with. He's willing to take the time to talk to you about your needs.

Singlepower just has the right philosophy when it comes to amps. I hope more of the Singlepower line gets reviewed.

Fred,

I know you love the sound of the Singlepower amps. I hope you like the new amps you as much as you love the older models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back