6MOONS REVIEW: MPX3 is here!!!!
Sep 30, 2004 at 2:20 PM Post #61 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
Here's a quote from the review header:
Headphone amp: Emmeline II The Stealth [on review]; SinglePower MPX3 [on review]
The Stealth is listed first though I'm not sure why it's listed at all since its qualities are only mentioned in passing and the review is not really a balanced comparison at all-by balanced I don't mean "fair" or that he likes them equally. If the reviewer wants to do a review of the MPX3 fine, but why bother listing the Stealth. Was it his reference amp?
You've never heard an Emmeline?
confused.gif

Give yourself a treat, man!
I guess we're all guilty of recommending things we like and own (I often recommend TotalBitheads to folks with iPods and laptops cuz I like mine) but I hesitate to make too many recommendations of my amps over others I've never heard.
CPW

Ah hum: The reviewer never claimed it to be ballanced or fair . It's his paper, time, review, ect., he can do what he wants. It's not our fault.
cool.gif

Sep 30, 2004 at 3:55 PM Post #62 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
great review.
biggrin.gif

only five or six SDS amps have sold so far? I thought there were more of those made.... anyways, I cannot wait to get my amp.

I think they mean Maestro SDS's...this doesn't include the earlier Supra SDS's.

I have heard and spent a lot of time with both Mikhail and Ray's amps (both are my friends), and they are both engineers who believe in achieving the best sound and providing the best "bang for the buck" to their consumers.
Ray believes in perfection in circuit board design (all his components line up in perfect sequence) and his soldering is second to none. Mikhail believes in point to point wiring and offering upgrades based upon the buyers pricepoint.
They both make outstanding products that sound great, and there is no need for comparison. Or wars. I own Ray's phono stage, and Mikhails headphone amp, and love them equally, as I do with my children.
...now my wife and girlfriend are another story
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 30, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #63 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
Ah hum: The reviewer never claimed it to be ballanced or fair . It's his paper, time, review, ect., he can do what he wants. It's not our fault.
cool.gif

Hence my comment that I didn't mean "fair".
By balanced, I only meant that to list the Stealth as one of the reviewed amps but to barely talk about it was a disappointment. I don't care if he wants to write a review about the MPX3. I'm glad he liked it. I was only hoping for more info on the Stealth for my own reasons and couldn't get the author's original review of the Stealth to load (except for the first page).
I know it's not your fault.

Sep 30, 2004 at 8:59 PM Post #64 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
I was only hoping for more info on the Stealth for my own reasons and couldn't get the author's original review of the Stealth to load (except for the first page).

I believe the Stealth is due for a full review next month, you probably just hit his intro that he's working on.

Sep 30, 2004 at 9:07 PM Post #65 of 71
Looks like 6 Moons are going to review the Stealth next. Should be a nice comparo.

Oct 1, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #66 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Looks like 6 Moons are going to review the Stealth next. Should be a nice comparo.

Cool! Thanks for the info. Is it the same reviewer or someone else?
CPW

Oct 1, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #67 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
CPW

Oh boy, lets not go there now. Too many teeth and eyeballs, on the floor, in here now.

Oct 1, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #68 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
Oh boy, lets not go there now. Too many teeth and eyeballs, on the floor, in here now.

Not trying to be confrontational. I just thought his style was kinda weird. My main objection wasn't that he loved the MPX3 (I liked my PPX3 too), I was just looking for more Stealth info and he didn't answer many questions for me.
CPW

Oct 1, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #69 of 71
His review was specifically of the MPX3. I'm not sure why you were looking for Stealth information in a MPX3 review nor why you subsequently object to the lack of Stealth information . I wouldn't look for Sennheiser information in a Grado review.
confused.gif

Oct 1, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #70 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Len
His review was specifically of the MPX3. I'm not sure why you were looking for Stealth information in a MPX3 review nor why you subsequently object to the lack of Stealth information . I wouldn't look for Sennheiser information in a Grado review.
confused.gif

Maybe you missed my earlier post
confused.gif

Yes, it was a review of the MPX3; I was just curious why he listed the Stealth (first) in the header of the review under reviewed amps when it was really a review of the MPX3.
That's all.
CPW

Oct 1, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #71 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
CPW

They haven't put up the name of the reviewer yet. i guess we'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back