TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Trio and 12t >>> Starting March 2018
Mar 20, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #31 of 286
Anyone suggest some tips I should order, Been awhile since I reviewed any universals. I'd like 3-4 different tips, that offer different sound properties so I can fine tune and also must be common such that a majority of people with universals who read the review would have them as well.

Email will go out to you tonight Bill, Thank you for organizing this for us we all appreciate it.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #33 of 286
Hey @Barra,

Thanks sir for getting another great tour going for us. I was just checking in to see if there was an estimated start date yet? Also, I was thinking if the good folks over at 64 Audio would consider it, then maybe after this tour we could do another one where the 12t/18t’s were paired up and the Trio/Fourte were as well. In my mind, it would seem like those might be better pairs for perspective buyers as they have more similar qualities and signatures. I completely understand the way the demos are set up now, due to product release dates and all, but it is just an idea. Thanks again!

Mar 21, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #35 of 286
Hey @Barra,

Thanks sir for getting another great tour going for us. I was just checking in to see if there was an estimated start date yet? Also, I was thinking if the good folks over at 64 Audio would consider it, then maybe after this tour we could do another one where the 12t/18t’s were paired up and the Trio/Fourte were as well. In my mind, it would seem like those might be better pairs for perspective buyers as they have more similar qualities and signatures. I completely understand the way the demos are set up now, due to product release dates and all, but it is just an idea. Thanks again!

Good point.

Mar 21, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #36 of 286
I would like to participate in tour

kyle sanders, blackfoot ID

emailed all Info and photo id

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #37 of 286
Hey @Barra,

Thanks sir for getting another great tour going for us. I was just checking in to see if there was an estimated start date yet? Also, I was thinking if the good folks over at 64 Audio would consider it, then maybe after this tour we could do another one where the 12t/18t’s were paired up and the Trio/Fourte were as well. In my mind, it would seem like those might be better pairs for prospective buyers as they have more similar qualities and signatures. I completely understand the way the demos are set up now, due to product release dates and all, but it is just an idea. Thanks again!
I am hoping to get started ASAP and will speak to that soon - just waiting on those that have yet to email their contact info and ID. As for a rearranged tour that showcased the tiers of like CIEMs - Fourte' vs. Trio and 12/18 - while I think it is a very good point, the motivation for these tours is to get the word out on new products and to allow Headfiers to hear them for themselves. Also, there is the question of product vs. product in the same price range that is being answered that would be requested if we went the other way. They are slightly different signatures that can be judged against each other to assist in making a choice.

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #38 of 286
Tour Update - Please check post 3 to ensure that your required contact info was received
We have enough people signed up for our tour to get the tour started at this point. Unfortunately, we are missing contact info email requirement on a large percentage of participants that we are waiting for. Until I receive that info or decide to drop those participants, I am stuck. Having used complex coding on other tours in wait for this info, it was just too confusing to manage. Please check the post 3 participant list to ensure that your contact email with ID photo was received.

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #40 of 286
Quick Initial Impressions
WOW! and WOW!............................. the end.

No, just kidding. These are fresh out of the box, and early impressions, but I am greatly enjoying both of these new CIEMs. So please continue taking your time emailing the required contact info so I can continue enjoying these truly remarkable products....... kinda kiddin. :hushed:

• Trio: The Fourte' has some competition in the Trio. I have not heard these two IEMs side by side, but the Trio sounds like what I remember of the Fourte', but with better bass. While the Fourte' is truly an incredible product that I still druel over, and likely has better mids with the extra tia driver, I was hoping for more boom from the dynamic driver. The Trio delivers in spades. At a distance, I don't feel like I am missing anything by going for the Trio over the Fourte' - although I would likely hear different in an A/B scenario. So it is likely to come down to going for better bass or better mids in making a decision. Think of the Trio being a warmer Fourte'. BTW, yes I am a little bit of a closet bass junky - but the Trio handles it in an audiophile sort of way. If only 64 Audio would offer a custom version of these two that would properly fit my weird inner ear.
  • 12t: Having been a long fan of @ericr 's original U12, I can clearly say that this is a large step up in clarity and bass response while retaining and possibly improving on it's incredibly large/wide soundstage. In fact, it sounds closer to my A18 than the old U12. Again, think of the 12t as being a warmer 18. The clarity is outstanding adding a lot more detail compared to the U12. Where I am really having fun is with the bass. I have moved to the M20 for that extra boom, and boy did it deliver. Definitely north of neutral, but boy is it fun. However, like the Trio, it delivers this large heaping spoonful of bass in a very audiophile sort of way. These are as far away from being a fart cannon as they can be. While the signature feels very balanced across most of the spectrum not sacrificing anything for this extra serving of bass, it manages to sound great across genres. This is not an EDM only CIEM, instrumentals and rock sound great as well. Having received my A12t, I have a full review coming up on this one where I will expand these impressions considerably...... stay tuned.

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #41 of 286
Tour Update - Please check post 3 to ensure that your required contact info was received
We have enough people signed up for our tour to get the tour started at this point. Unfortunately, we are missing contact info email requirement on a large percentage of participants that we are waiting for. Until I receive that info or decide to drop those participants, I am stuck. Having used complex coding on other tours in wait for this info, it was just too confusing to manage. Please check the post 3 participant list to ensure that your contact email with ID photo was received.

Sent you mine B, but the chart isn't updated.

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #42 of 286
A Crawling Start
As I wait on the remaining contact info emails, I have already released the West Coast Kit to a local headfier to get things moving and will release my East Coast kit after my audition. So we may see some other impressions coming along soon....so don't be surprised. We will also see some progress on our tour immediately when I post final logistics.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #43 of 286
Sent you mine B, but the chart isn't updated.
Yes, I received yours, thank you.

Will be updating regularly, but have not gotten to it for a couple days.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #44 of 286
I agree to the terms. I'm located in sunny southern Alhambra, California.

Mar 23, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #45 of 286
Just updated Post 3 again for the latest on receipts of contact info. Will be sending out a PM to those remaining to finalize the tour logistics.

@Mdclol - just missed your name with tonights update, but saw your ID come in. Will add you on the next pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back