TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Trio and 12t >>> Starting March 2018
Apr 26, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #151 of 286
The "quote" function for whatever reason did not work. lol. That is actually a copy and paste of @Blueshound24 inventory. I was saying that it is easier to have patience when you have an abundance of listening devices. I myself do not have that inventory. And it may be considered rude to call someones audiophile collection "junk" lol :wink:

Apr 26, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #152 of 286
The "quote" function for whatever reason did not work. lol. That is actually a copy and paste of @Blueshound24 inventory. I was saying that it is easier to have patience when you have an abundance of listening devices. I myself do not have that inventory. And it may be considered rude to call someones audiophile collection "junk" lol :wink:
My apologies, why you have so much CRAP:ksc75smile:

Apr 26, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #153 of 286
LOL...I am sure it is considerably easier to be patient when you have an inventory like this...For me, this is my one and only IEM OR headphone for that matter. I know, I know, it's not your fault that I don't have an inventory like yours.....but I sure do appreciate this opportunity!

I graduated from HS in the 70's and have been into high end audio ever since so I have had time to collect a few things. Not ashamed of that.
Still, patience is a virtue.
I am sure @Barra and @BulldogXTRM have been working above and beyond to make this tour work for us even after the theft of the tour samples, and I'm sure they don't need any prodding from us to hurry it along. We are lucky they didn't pack it in and say the hell with it after the second multi thousand dollar tour kit went missing.

Apr 26, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #155 of 286
My review of the U12t has been published.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/64audio-u12t.23070/reviews#review-20242

My 61 year old mom is actually in town visiting so I let her try the Trio for a bit. She's never listened to a really good IEM before and the look on her face was priceless. She listened to the entire Eagles - Greatest Hits Volume 2 album in FLAC and when she was done she said...

"Son! You have to get me a set of these! Mother's day and my birthday are coming up! I've never heard things so clear." Of course if I can I will get her a set of Trio's. I passed her my Nu Primo 8's to her and let her listen to them as well. Her thoughts...

"The other ones (Trio) are clearer than these but not by much, these sound really good when someone is singing, like they were made for someone to hear the vocals." Of course I explained to her that everyone hears things differently and I asked her which one she thought would suit her music tastes better. She picked the Primo 8. So I of course gave them to her for an early Mother's day gift.

Then she says "But you have to get a pair of the other ones (Trio) for my birthday or at least for Christmas!" I may have created another audiophile...

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #156 of 286
Tour Update - Beginning Tour Starting with Participants that Provided Additional Info
I am sure we are all anxious to get this party started.... I know I am. This tour has been delayed long enough. However, if you check out the 3rd post, you will notice that I have been marking those that have sent the additional required info with a "+" and there are not many yet. To get things started, I will be moving those that have provided the required info to the beginning of the line one at a time as we need to ship to the next participant. This means that participants that hesitate will lose their place in the logistical order. Please get your phone bill copy in ASAP so we can get everyone back on the roster.

That said, we are moving forward. Please remember to follow the rules. :)

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #158 of 286
This is kind of cool actually. I have done only one tour in the past and that was for the Oppo headphones. Pretty excited. Thanks so much guys. :)

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #159 of 286
Didn't get enough time with the Beat Audio cables, but the TOTL in the bunch was very nice sounding.
Hopefully get some time to compare these to the EE Phantom, and the Rhapsidio Zombie.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #161 of 286
The lower cost effect audio are an outstanding value to me. Go read up on the EA thread and you will understand. Just an outstanding value IMHO

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #162 of 286
I'd second the EA cables, have a balanced Eros II, which I like, and the Empire Ears Phantoms come with an EA cable as well. As I said, I didn't have time to really evaluate the lower model Beat Audio Cables (busy work, home, etc...), but, judging by how good the sound was from the TOTL Beats Audio cable I did get to listen to on the tour, I'd say they make a good product.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #163 of 286
I'd second the EA cables, have a balanced Eros II, which I like, and the Empire Ears Phantoms come with an EA cable as well. As I said, I didn't have time to really evaluate the lower model Beat Audio Cables (busy work, home, etc...), but, judging by how good the sound was from the TOTL Beats Audio cable I did get to listen to on the tour, I'd say they make a good product.
+1
Right now my top cables are from Effect Audio, PWAudio and Plussound.
The Beat Audio prima donna is an amazing cable comparable to the EA Leonidas, but unfortunately not cheap.

I would just stay away from the Beat Audio silver plated cables, don't like how they reproduce the treble, too harsh with my ciems.

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #164 of 286
Tour Update - Beginning Tour Starting with Participants that Provided Additional Info
I am sure we are all anxious to get this party started.... I know I am. This tour has been delayed long enough. However, if you check out the 3rd post, you will notice that I have been marking those that have sent the additional required info with a "+" and there are not many yet. To get things started, I will be moving those that have provided the required info to the beginning of the line one at a time as we need to ship to the next participant. This means that participants that hesitate will lose their place in the logistical order. Please get your phone bill copy in ASAP so we can get everyone back on the roster.

That said, we are moving forward. Please remember to follow the rules. :)
Barra, I’ve been away for work, but will provide my updated info when I return tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back