TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Jan 14, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #661 of 813
Crap I missed the memo on sending a message to all 3, mine are on their way to silver ears

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #662 of 813
Received the tour kit package from @kernel8888 today. Do not know which tour kit number this one is(#1 is the guess if there are only two).

I have both of the earphones. It seems Forte's filter is suppose to be uneven like that(both sides are like that)? Initially I thought it was a defect. Tzar is missing a cleaning tool. Possibly the Tzar is missing a set of silicon tips(as there is a box with tips in there as well).

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #665 of 813
Short impressions. I prefer the Tzar over the Forte. I do like BA bass when done in good quantity, in which Tzar achieves.

Forte sounds a bit veiled in comparison to Tzar. Tzar has the treble sparkle that is needed for the more forwarded detailing and resolvability.

Tzar is airy and has a rather large sound stage in comparison to the Forte.

Tzar is clear sounding and I really cannot pinpoint any mids unclaritywhich is important to me. The bass is a bit rounded in nature than more on the defined side, but good quantity and provides slam for those like to feel it.

Ample weight to the sounds if that is a concern for others.

I think it's quite balanced. What I mean by balanced, there doesn't seem to be noticible frequency discontinuity or sounding uneven, mids have the appropriate level of presence, and bass does not overwhelm the mids clarity.

Could be considered warm for those that isn't into bass quantity, but I find it's necessary to bring naturalness, create ambiance, and bring weight to notes.

I can see why 1964 catagorizes Tzar as linear compared to the others like the Forte. I'd consider Tzar reference sounding, but not clinical.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #669 of 813
Short impressions. I prefer the Tzar over the Forte. I do like BA bass when done in good quantity, in which Tzar achieves.

Forte sounds a bit veiled in comparison to Tzar. Tzar has the treble sparkle that is needed for the more forwarded detailing and resolvability.

Tzar is clear sounding and I really cannot pinpoint any mids unclaritywhich is important to me. The bass is a bit rounded in nature than more on the defined side, but good quantity and provides slam for those like to feel it.

I think it's quite balanced. What I mean by balanced, there doesn't seem to be noticible frequency discontinuity or sounding uneven, mids have the appropriate level of presence, and bass does not overwhelm the mids clarity.

Could be considered warm for those that isn't into bass quantity, but I find it's necessary to bring naturalness, create ambiance, and bring weight to notes.

I can see why 1964 catagorizes Tzar as linear compared to the others like the Forte. I'd consider Tzar reference sounding, but not clinical.

I think I hear things similarly as you do. That is exactly how I would describe the sound. Well, I have the A18 but likely identical in sq. The bass is rounded as you described, which took some time for me to get used to coming from the Encores. I really like the treble of the tia driver, much clearer w/o distortion.

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #671 of 813
Speaking of cable swapping I have the Leonidas arriving soon for my Fourté

The cable that comes with the Fourte sounds really good, what made you want to upgrade? Will it add a better sound signature?

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #673 of 813
Most reviews on the Leonidas say that it doesn’t change the sound signature but rather emphasis everything.

I needed a balanced cable also.

Wow, that cable cost 800 bucks! Please let us know what your impression of them is like... does these cables tarnish over time? I’ve read if you get an after market cable only get a solid copper or solid silver cable... copper tarnished over time and can cause the sound to change

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #674 of 813
I realize I said “wow, cable cost 800 bucks” but got IEM costing over 3k... hahahahaha

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #675 of 813

I would concur, too. I did find the Tzar to be a bit forward, which may explain the "veiled" sound of the Fourte of which you state. That's my take anyway. I of course jumped on the Fourte for a whole day to begin...call it the kid-in-the-candystore-syndrome...I then spent about 1/2 a day dedicated to the Tzar. As I was writing my review(s), not quite done yet...I kept going back to the Tzar. I liked it BETTER than the Fourte. They are both stunning/superb/superlative/fill in any other S-words, which describe stupendous...but I felt the Tzar was more akin to what I personally liked.

The Fourte was/is so crystalline clear I feel like I am in a -30 degree sunny day after a snow storm (foreshadowing here...), and the Tzar IS the snowstorm. Not clouded at all, just a different kind of wow. The bass reaches deeper on the Fourte, but I liked the feel of the Tzar's bass better. With layer upon layer, and separation like I have not had the honor to hear, I understand completely why the two of these have taken Head-Fi. I'm not sure I have enough superlatives for the pair...

I then spent a day-and-a-half comparing the two to the DITA Dream (Oh darn...) and my Maestro V2. All different, all exceptional. But, it was here that to me the Dream fell off. It felt "weaker" and "leaner," compared to the other three. And I must add that when using my Effect Audio Ares ii balanced on the Maestro, it provided a sound much closer than I would have thought. Maybe it is just me, but I did enjoy it.

I write this as I enjoy my last night listening to the Dream, before @PinkyPowers gets his grubby mitts on them. Running out of my Opus#2, they are a stunning combination.

We are very lucky people, indeed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back