64 Audio Trió 30% Off
Jan 5, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #31 of 38
Been listening to the Trió for about two hours now in a variety of genres (black metal, doom metal, indie pop, deep house, jazz) and I'm definitely feeling an Andro + bass vibe! I think the Andro has a touch more sparkly treble, but the Trió's bass really hits the spot. It seems a bit tighter than the Vega's without losing impact.

In a fit of pique last week, I got a bunch of IEMs to compare with the Andro, so now I need to sit down and give some more time to each one before I'm ready to come to conclusions. Looking forward to spending quality time with the Trió at work!

Jan 6, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #32 of 38
I’m tempted by this (though the duties and taxes will make this a lot less fun in the EU), but unsure of whether this will be the right complement to the Andromeda S and Atlas I have - I love the staging and upper end of the andro, but sometimes wish it had a bit more of that crazy bass energy/fun Atlas has. The a12t was also on the shortlist, but I thought a hybrid might be more ‘unique’ and complementary to my current daily drivers...

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #33 of 38
I haven't heard the Atlas, but I had a similar itch as an owner of the Andromeda and Vega. I've now spent two full days with the Trió listening to a variety of genres, and I'm pretty sure it's made the Vega obsolete.The bass has as much impact (if not more), but is much better controlled. The Trió also has the sparkly treble of the Andromeda and good upper mids, whereas I felt the Vega fell short.

It's still early days, but I find the Trió has a slightly wider soundstage than the Andromeda and has a bit more detail. At the moment I prefer the Trió in genres where bass impact is important. The one exception where I'd still reach for the Andromeda is extreme metal. There's a good chance you'd be happy with the Trió, although it's undeniably expensive.

One other thing: I noticed in your intro thread that size is a concern for you. The Trió and Andromeda are essentially the same size.

Jan 7, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #35 of 38
just received my new trio. I'm in heaven. gotta say though, I am new to this hobby so do not have a lot of experience...
Just enjoy and stay in heaven. :)

Jan 8, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #36 of 38
I am new to this hobby so do not have a lot of experience...

Welcome to the hobby. My sympathies for your credit card !

Congrats on getting the Trio.

Jan 13, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #38 of 38
I did feel a good difference for the first 100 hours, the last 150 was really a finishing part of the burn in, less apparent lets say.
What parts changed the most as per you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back