64 Audio A18 Tzar (TM) Impressions Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours)
Jul 16, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #137 of 286
Hi All, can I know what faceplate, cord length, cord color, Logo Type and Logo color you selected for configuration on your A18? Thanks for your help

Jul 17, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #138 of 286
Hi All, can I know what faceplate, cord length, cord color, Logo Type and Logo color you selected for configuration on your A18? Thanks for your help

9933719_l.jpg

With the long cable.

With 18 drivers inside at least one of the shells had to be clear!

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #139 of 286
listened U18 and Fourte today, compared with my K10 on my Hugo. also listened U12. I can't write big reviews on English, it's very time consuming - but U18 are really really great, much better than K10 and U12 almost in everything. I was affraid they are too neutral, too reference, too boring, too technical and even too detailed (18 drivers make me think so) - but no, they are very emotional, musical and engaging. even with Hugo - with 1z and good DHC cable they should be absolutely superb. thinking to buy it if I get enough funds or maybe get some discount. U18 have not just details and dynamics which is superb but also much bigger scene, dimension and character than other top ciems I heard before, they are close in someway to big headphones than to iems.

Fourtes more complicated. it is difficult to compare them with ciems at all, they are totally different and really should be compared with some big HP. maybe some audezes... they have even more character and dimension, very individual tuning, some things was absolutely amazing on them, especially vocals and middle, but some things I did not like much. they are definitely not so resolving and technical as U18 and have more laid back and relaxing sound - but have own advantages and absolutely difefrent story than ciem at all. Need more time and different sources to listen them more carefully and understand them better.

2017-07-17%2020.15.17.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #140 of 286
U18 has all the pluses of a reference/analytical monitor but without the dryness. And it's not boring. Rather it is musical and fun. And the fit is very comfortable even in the universal form. All the details. And good extension in low & high frequencies. Clarity and resolution is top notch. Wish the price was in the affordable range :wink:

Jul 17, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #141 of 286
U18 has all the pluses of a reference/analytical monitor but without the dryness. And it's not boring. Rather it is musical and fun. And the fit is very comfortable even in the universal form. All the details. And good extension in low & high frequencies. Clarity and resolution is top notch. Wish the price was in the affordable range :wink:

Sell all your gears and 1 kidney to buy it:ksc75smile:

Jul 23, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #143 of 286
Can anyone compare U18 to Focal Utopia? U18 to Andromeda? I am deliberating whether to get Utopia or U18 knowing they are different forms. Thanks!

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #144 of 286

Exactly my thoughts, I have A18 and am so happy with it. It's actually away from me for awhile right now, I miss it everyday. The detail, the stage the bass, it's all there.

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #145 of 286
Can anyone compare U18 to Focal Utopia? U18 to Andromeda? I am deliberating whether to get Utopia or U18 knowing they are different forms. Thanks!
The 18 is in a CIEM class of its own where it is comparable to the Utopia and other full sized exotic HPs. The times that I have heard the Utopia was on an extremely tweaked/expensive setup which really made it sing so I am not sure how it would fare on lessor systems. However, in comparison to the Abyss or LCD4 sitting next to it, the Utopia felt bass light reminiscent of the HD800. What made the Utopia special to me was the clarity and natural mids along with detailed and smooth treble which was all drool worthy. Think of the 18 as a Utopia tuning with the addition of world class bass. In addition to the bass advantage, the 18 can be powered by an iPhone or DAP and provide performance levels equivalent to the Utopia driven by total systems. Obviously the 18 has more versatility, but if you have the total system to drive the Utopia and it is being held back by your current HPs, the Utopia is a great choice too. It really comes down to your use case and how important bass is to you.

Jul 27, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #146 of 286
The 18 is in a CIEM class of its own where it is comparable to the Utopia and other full sized exotic HPs. The times that I have heard the Utopia was on an extremely tweaked/expensive setup which really made it sing so I am not sure how it would fare on lessor systems. However, in comparison to the Abyss or LCD4 sitting next to it, the Utopia felt bass light reminiscent of the HD800. What made the Utopia special to me was the clarity and natural mids along with detailed and smooth treble which was all drool worthy. Think of the 18 as a Utopia tuning with the addition of world class bass. In addition to the bass advantage, the 18 can be powered by an iPhone or DAP and provide performance levels equivalent to the Utopia driven by total systems. Obviously the 18 has more versatility, but if you have the total system to drive the Utopia and it is being held back by your current HPs, the Utopia is a great choice too. It really comes down to your use case and how important bass is to you.

You just sold U18 to me!

Jul 28, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #147 of 286
I have a SHURE KSE1500. I wonder if buying the U18 or Fourté will be complimentary or just a waste of money ? The KSE is VERY precise, but... sometime you want more fun :wink:

Jul 30, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #149 of 286

You are creeping me out with Fang's picture in your avatar :D

But, on topic, care to elaborate more why U18/Fourte is a "waste" over KSE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back