5th Gen. Ipod (finally)
Oct 13, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #211 of 260
I definetely love the new look.
biggrin.gif
I will be ordering one tomorrow.

The big screen is awesome and the fact that it comes in black is just damn sexy. As far as the 2 hour video playback, im not to pissed because I would have been fine if the ipod wasn't video capable at all and now that it comes with capability but with low battery life...all i have to say is eh whatcha gonna do its a trade off.

However, what I am really pissed about is that it does not have the conventional top ports like the older ipods. Now i can't *****ING use my iTrip anymore!! I'll have to find an alternative way to use my ipod in my car. Hopefully though, a company will produce an iTrip equivalent that can be connected via the dock and still allow for it to be connected to a charger at the same time. I realize that there are already a few transmitters out there, but so far iTrip is king.

Regards,
Dan

Oct 13, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #213 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman
I a sensing a bit of jealousy. But your telling me that puting alot of money towards marketing and puting the product in spotlight is not doing it better. The general public buys what they see and does little looking by them selves. They see the ipod. I have never seen a cowon commercial during primetime. Is there something wrong with promoting your product?

There's nothing wrong with promoting your product considering we live in a capitalist society, but I just felt it's better to say that Apple should concentrate more on their products than marketing. Think Bose.

Oct 13, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #214 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman
I a sensing a bit of jealousy. But your telling me that puting alot of money towards marketing and puting the product in spotlight is not doing it better. The general public buys what they see and does little looking by them selves. They see the ipod. I have never seen a cowon commercial during primetime. Is there something wrong with promoting your product?

i presume you love bose products too? anyway, this is head-fi, where people knows that there are other products out there.

Oct 13, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #215 of 260
I bought a 60GB iPod last Friday. I had a sneaking suspicion they were going to come out with a new one, but for some reason bought it anyways. Along with a Dock and a case. Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to go back to my local Apple store and return it (minus the dock, which I can't return) or the case, which got nicely scratched. I like the specs on this thing regardless of video, which I probably won't use anyways. I'm a photographer and appreciate a brighter, bigger screen to show people some quick images. And if the audio quality sounds better than the one I just bought, I'll be happy. I used to have an old 2nd gen 20GB iPod that I think sounded much better than the one I have now.

And in response to Dan, I have the digital version of the Kensington transmitter/charger, and it'll still work with the NEW 60GB that I plan on buying when it comes out. I think the quality is outstanding, at least for the most part. Occasional sibilance, but better than the iTrip, in my experience. I'll just have to bite the bullet and accept the $40 open box fee tomorrow.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 13, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #216 of 260
I just got back from returning my 4g iPod in hopes that the 5g will have an improved sound quality. If so, I gain. If not, at least I get 5 morehours of battery life.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #217 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
i presume you love bose products too? anyway, this is head-fi, where people knows that there are other products out there.

I am not the general public. I own an Iriver H320. I am merely recgonize the fact that ipod actually prmotes their prodcuts while the other companise seem to sit with idle hands. I like my shure e3's just fine.
icon10.gif

why are people so mean.

I never said headfi is the general public.

Oct 13, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #218 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
you're in luck, Griffin already makes the iTrip that connects to the dock port. Compatible with 5G Ipods. Check it out on their website.

Excellent! But now how do I charge my ipod? Does the iTrip have a doc connector for the charge to pass through? I doubt it...arg!

Oct 13, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #222 of 260
Will the PSP preset on Nero Recode compatible with the 5th gen iPod? The resulting video is 320x240, AAC 64kbps audio, mp4 video. I've been converting many stuff this way to play them on my PSP. It would be awesome if the new iPod can play them. Or maybe I'll wait for actual Apple's PMP
smily_headphones1.gif
(it would be more awesome if Apple support Nero digital). IMO the downside of the new iPod is the battery life.

Oct 13, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #223 of 260
The clickwheel is the exact same size as it was before, isn't the body just wider?

If they actually did make it smaller.. pretty dumb.

Oct 13, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #224 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001
Will the PSP preset on Nero Recode compatible with the 5th gen iPod? The resulting video is 320x240, AAC 64kbps audio, mp4 video. I've been converting many stuff this way to play them on my PSP. It would be awesome if the new iPod can play them. Or maybe I'll wait for actual Apple's PMP
smily_headphones1.gif
(it would be more awesome if Apple support Nero digital). IMO the downside of the new iPod is the battery life.

From the text on Apple's site, it sounds like those videos will work:
"H.264 video: up to 768 Kbps, 320 x 240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 mbps, 480 x 480, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back