5th Gen. Ipod (finally)
Oct 12, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #182 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Has anyone verified the tweak the built-in equalizer to suit your songs (on Apples feature/settings page) just means select an EQ setting and not make personal adjustments?

you know, if it's true what ilounge is reporting, that the SQ is on par with the shuffle (i.e. no LF roll-off), then -- for me, at least -- that would sort of negate the need for an improved EQ...

although i would think it's something that could be offered as a firmware update.

Oct 12, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #185 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
- The video iPod is available in 30 and 60 GB capacities - and both are thinner than the current 20GB Pod. 30GB will be $299, 60GB will be $399. UK prices will be confirmed later. And did we mention it was available in black? Oh yes, and it comes with a case, so don't worry about scratches! 20 hrs. battery life for 60 gig and 14 hrs. for 30 gig.

That sucks. Just have to get a 60gig now.

Oct 13, 2005 at 12:04 AM Post #187 of 260
Something about it looks quite odd... probably due to the smaller click wheel, yes it does look wide from the pics.

It looks like a picture where the aspect ratio is wrong?

Oct 13, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #189 of 260
OK. My question is, does it play movies? You know, full-length, feature films? To do so, I figure one will have to go through the incredible rigamoroll required to convert dvd files to some other format if you can do it at all. Not a trivial process by any means.

Oct 13, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #190 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer
OK. My question is, does it play movies? You know, full-length, feature films? To do so, I figure one will have to go through the incredible rigamoroll required to convert dvd files to some other format if you can do it at all. Not a trivial process by any means.

If you want one-click DVD ripping, you'll have to wait until someone comes out with a third party utility that does this. It probably won't take long for something to come out, since there isn't much to do. Rip the DVD, resize to the appropriate screen size, drag into iTunes.

Oct 13, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #191 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
If you want one-click DVD ripping, you'll have to wait until someone comes out with a third party utility that does this. It probably won't take long for something to come out, since there isn't much to do. Rip the DVD, resize to the appropriate screen size, drag into iTunes.

Well, that may be possible, but I haven't experienced it. When I ventured into movie ripping for my previously-owned Archos AV320, it required an incredibly difficult-and-esoteric process of compressing the video separately from the extracted audio track, and re-incorporating the two in an amazingly long computer-resource gouging process (took my pc 4-8 hours to complete one movie!). Hardly a rip and resize proposition.

Oct 13, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #192 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Has anyone verified the tweak the built-in equalizer to suit your songs (on Apples feature/settings page) just means select an EQ setting and not make personal adjustments?

says the same thing in the Nano features. Guess no custom EQ
confused.gif

Oct 13, 2005 at 1:41 AM Post #193 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer
Well, that may be possible, but I haven't experienced it. When I ventured into movie ripping for my previously-owned Archos AV320, it required an incredibly difficult-and-esoteric process of compressing the video separately from the extracted audio track, and re-incorporating the two in an amazingly long computer-resource gouging process (took my pc 4-8 hours to complete one movie!). Hardly a rip and resize proposition.

http://iriverter.sourceforge.net/

Excellent one touch rip for dvds, and converts almost all video to x5 size. If anyones interested someone should send him some request to make one for the iPod.
orphsmile.gif

Oct 13, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #194 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakets
http://iriverter.sourceforge.net/

Excellent one touch rip for dvds, and converts almost all video to x5 size. If anyones interested someone should send him some request to make one for the iPod.
orphsmile.gif

That should work without changes on the iPod, since it produces files at the right size and in MPEG4.

It would be nice if Apple made such a tool, but DVD ripping is illegal under the DMCA, so they can't without the MPAA getting upset.

Oct 13, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #195 of 260
suddenly, everyone finds it ok to watch videos on a small screen. i still remembered how most people were dissing iaudio and samsung for including a 'useless video feature' on their players. lol.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back