$500 Reccomendations
Oct 30, 2011 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Deathdeisel

500+ Head-Fier
Im looking now for a pair of closed headsets for around $500 at most. I have both the E7 and E9 Amp/DAC so amping is not an issue. I listen to mostly rock/heavy rock, and electronic. However i do listen to dubstep sometimes(getting a little burnt out on it) and classical sometimes too(getting to enjoy it more) so what would you reccomend  guys? Portability is not my concern, most of my listening is done at home, although the TV is often on in the other room, so closed sets are kinda nessecary, i have 595s and they leak too much, so im looking for atleast some isolation. Thanks 

Preferences are, good deep bass, closed, fun and engaging/forwardish mids and highs, over ear.  Cable length is not a problem. 

$500 is max now because denon D2000s are almost impossible to find. 

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 34
I'd say the Fischer FA003, but honestly I dont know how they do on dubstep, it is not a bassy headphone. is more neutral, but i do can say it is great for rock, prog, classic and pretty much all kinds.

it match with all you are looking for, but again, not sure if you want a bass heavy can

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 34
Dennon D2000 sounds like it fits your bill perfectly.. Looks very nice too and probably one of the most comfortable headphones..

Fischer makes great stuff. Phillips incoming Fidelio F1, (Looks like an underpriced HD 800 in every way) if priced right, (as in under 230$) could make a name for Phillips!

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 34
Try the DT-770 600 ohm version. It's often found for under $200 quite easily. They're on sale at Headroom for around that price. I got mine for $117 which is a stupid good deal.

There is also the DT-880, but it's probably more neutral sounding for most people, but it's semi-open.

Don't get the DT-770 Pro 80 unless you want a bass monster.

DT-880/770 is impressive for any sort of electronic music, especially ambient.

D2000 would work too, but good luck finding it for under $200 new. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's hard.

They're not as good for electronic or classical though.

Oct 30, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 34
I did consider the Denon 2000s, but didnt look into it, arent they around 350$ though. The DT-770s were reccomended on the first choice. I dont love super bass, however ill admit i am a fan, and like to hear punch and boom occasionally. Id say the most common band i listen to is Avengened Sevenfold if that helps to figure out a signature. I cant seem to find the fischer headphones pricing, i did however find the headphone mentioned.  Thanks for the help so far.  

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:
I did consider the Denon 2000s, but didnt look into it, arent they around 350$ though.

If you live in the U.S., you can call for one of J&R's sales rep (800-806-1115) and get a lower price. $250 last time I called them.

http://www.jr.com/ahd2000-aroundtheear-headphones/pe/DNN_AHD2000/#productTabDetails

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #8 of 34

Quote:
I know you guys have a thread for this, however I only two responses, no offense to them, but i really like to hear multiple opinions, and more people seem to notice here. 
Im looking now for a pair of closed headsets for around $250 give or take a bit. I have both the E7 and E9 Amp/DAC so amping is not an issue. I listen to mostly rock/heavy rock, and electronic. However i do listen to dubstep sometimes(getting a little burnt out on it) and classical sometimes too(getting to enjoy it more) so what would you reccomend  guys? Portability is not my concern, most of my listening is done at home, although the TV is often on in the other room, so closed sets are kinda nessecary, i have 595s and they leak too much, so im looking for atleast some isolation. Thanks 

Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250-Ohm, $80 under your budget.
I would assume the E9 would have no problem powering 250-Ohm headphones (I guess?).

Oct 31, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #9 of 34
From what ive heard the D2000s are very good headphones, especially for closed designs. Ill call the number to speak to a rep probably tommorow, currently i have work and school. If i could get them for around 250$, would they be preferable over DT-770s? Also if you would, can you inform me on whats the difference between the 250ohm, and 600ohm version? Im not extremely worried about staying under budget, id prefer to get the best i can in that price range if possible.  Again, thanks for the help so far.

Oct 31, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #10 of 34

Quote:
From what ive heard the D2000s are very good headphones, especially for closed designs. Ill call the number to speak to a rep probably tommorow, currently i have work and school. If i could get them for around 250$, would they be preferable over DT-770s? Also if you would, can you inform me on whats the difference between the 250ohm, and 600ohm version? Im not extremely worried about staying under budget, id prefer to get the best i can in that price range if possible.  Again, thanks for the help so far.

I've heard the DT-770 Premium 600-Ohm sounds better then the DT-770 Pro 250-Ohm.
Pro version is more for studio use, tighter seal around ears.
Premium is more for consumer/home use and lighter clamping around the ears
Premiums cost more then Pros

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #12 of 34

Quote:
Will they do this for any product?

Give them a call to know. 
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #13 of 34
Just called that number, they do have them for $249.99, so thats pretty awesome. So out of the few mentioned so far which do you guys think would suit my needs the best? So far i think all the ones listed are:
Denon D2000s
Fischer A03
Beyerdynamic DT770(or specify other version)

Thanks again, DD.

Nov 1, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #14 of 34
the Denon D2000 at the price you have would be a great choice. I like the DT770, but I like the Denon more. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back