$500 cable
Jun 14, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #16 of 32
Would people feel better if the advertising copy read some thing like:
We here at [insert brand] know that there are consumer groups with too much money, and don't really understand the cost of everyday products (overpaid actors, sportspeople, and rich kids), and audio nuts who think the cost of a product somehow magically relates to its ability to improve sound. So, we here at [insert brand] have released an ethernet cable that is capable of operating in the GHz range to relay some simple audio data; even though the typical audio range, and our audio equipment only reproduces the 20Hz to 20KHz range. All that headroom can't be bad - can it?

The cable contains the barest minimum amount of the cheapest quality copper that we can use to transfer electrons and have it called a network cable. The quality cable sheath is made form recyled cars tyres, but has direction arrows printed on it to prepetuate that myth that electrons can only flow in one direction.

We have our manufacturing plant in Indonesia create these special cables using their accurate, but hopelessly dangerous machine to cut the cable and crimp RJ45 connectors with all the care and love it can muster. Our underpaid workers then caringly coil the cable and stuff it into a non-recycleable overpackaged container, so that you can add to the landfill problems in your country. The quality of the connectors is so high that as long as you don't replug it more than three or possibly four time, the .05 cent RJ45 connectors should (might) last at least until the warranty period expires, or until you remove the cable from its packaging.

We know that you will enhance your audio experience by using a cable to connect your equipment. So, it might as well be one of our ridiculously expensive ones. You get free bragging rights with every purchase (until we can figure out how to charge for those as well).

Jun 14, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #17 of 32
cabo_net.jpg

I've been getting unbelievable sound from these! The rhinestones actually reflect color wavelengths that are harmful to the signal if absorbed directly by transparent ethernet jacks. And the pink jacket is specially engineered to counteract microvibrations from computer fans and footfalls.

Jun 14, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fraud

How is this a fraud?
Denon is open about what you get for the money, and its all up to you if you are will to pay $500 for one.

Jun 15, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #21 of 32
I had considered purchasing some Denon headphones before but I can't support a company who thinks their customers are really this gullible. They won't ever be getting any of my business.

Jun 15, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #22 of 32
LOL WUT!

Jun 15, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #23 of 32
Woot. Now I can stream high-quality music off youtoob. =D

I've heard cat5 makes decent interconnects, but in the sense that you can buy them in 1000ft rolls to cut up and reterminate. The point being that you can save money...
Are ethernet connectors even ever used for transporting audio signals?

Jun 15, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #24 of 32
Wow the best ethernet cable in the world! Too bad it only comes in 1.5m otherwise I will upgrade all the cat6 cables in my house, including the one between my ADSL modem and router so the mp3 I'm going to download from kazaa will sound better.

Jun 15, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #25 of 32
the pseudo-audiophile consumer, not the cables, need to cryo-treated.

Jun 15, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #26 of 32
I wrote a review for this excellent product on amazon.

Quote:

While the production quality of this cable, along with the little arrows that help me(and the music) understand where the sound is going, is mind-boggling - What I found most impressive is that this cable actually turned my binary digital audio devices into TRINARY digital audio devices. All the people saying that it's just 1's and 0's don't understand how revolutionary this cable is. IT UPSCALES YOUR DIGITAL SPECTRUM TO ALLOW FOR 2's!!! Any true audiophile knows that 2's are where the upper-order harmonicas are to be found in high quality digital audio.

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Terminus Est 23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wrote a review for this excellent product on amazon.

Impressive and informative review. I was on the fence and now you have helped me make up my mind to go ahead and get 7 of these cables for my network.

Jun 16, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cabo_net.jpg

I've been getting unbelievable sound from these! The rhinestones actually reflect color wavelengths that are harmful to the signal if absorbed directly by transparent ethernet jacks. And the pink jacket is specially engineered to counteract microvibrations from computer fans and footfalls.

Is that the "Hello Kitty" reference series Cat-5???
(...or is that a Sears poncho?)

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #30 of 32
doesn't this make you thinking about the $300 headphones, and what you're getting in return? what about custom cables? They're all cheaper than this $500 cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back