~$50 headphones for travel
Sep 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mecheng2

New Head-Fier
I've been doing more air travel recently and have more coming up. I either watch videos on my tablet or listen to music and podcasts through my iphone. I've been using my EarPods and they are decent but the isolation is bad so on the plane I have to crank the volume to the max at times just to hear the music. I also have a pair of koss port pros that I love but I don't think they will work well either due to isolation. I had high hopes for a pair of meelectronics M6's but I find the larger plastics you sinking rides in my ear kinda funny so they are not comfortable for more than an hour or so. I don't own a pair of over headphones and was thinking his may a good time to get a pair.

Long and short I've got about $50 (could stretch a little higher if required), I would like some over the ear cans (or some very comfortable iems) that would be good for house, dubstep, electronic type music. Something that founds similar to the Porta pros would be good. Thanks!

Sep 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Panasonic RP-HTX7 is quite comfortable and has very good isolation at about half your budget.
Sennheiser HD419 is OK, but has slightly worse isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back