50 Cent feud (rant): Who understands those rap guys anyway?
Mar 7, 2005 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

zoboomofo

1000+ Head-Fier
Man this thug behaviour is too much for me. I WAS interested in The Game's new disc until this shooting business happened in New York at the 50 Cent radio interview.This shooting put me off this whole style of music. I couldn't look past this whole savage rapper behaviour. I mean it's like the more worthless a citizen you are, the better your street cred. It's one thing to rise to fame and success from a broken home, but when you trivialize things like drug dealing, and pimping, and you carry around a stab/trigger-happy entourage, it makes me side with Bill Cosby in this war on the rap industry.

I've got an idea. Maybe we can keep these gun-toting idiots off the street. We can start-up a show like American Idol, where the baddest bottomfeeders are selected to make a... um stab at a rap career. They can have rap battles instead of immunity challanges, and then they go on to gun battles to decide who gets eliminated. If these guys want to save face, they can do it in the fishbowl of this show, and keep the world out of it.
[/soap box]

Mar 7, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 81
LOL, I'm with you there. This kind of music is for weak-minded people who have no common sense and no human decency. Women are not bitches, men are not pimps, rappers are not cool, and people who listen to that kind of "art" are oblivious to reality. That is the rule of life... REAL life.

Mar 7, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #3 of 81
This is why I explain in the previous video to use an adapter shield so you can use 5v into the shield and it supplies 3.3v into your Xbee. It's a lot easier to use 5v so I highly recommend getting the adapter shield which I outline in the previous video...

Mar 7, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #4 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orubasarot
Turn off your television. Turn off your radio. And critique good rap once you hear it. Rap is not "this". This garbage is pop-hop, it's neutered, it is to rap as what Yellowcard is to punk. Hell I'm not even talking about Anticon style nerd rap with Leftist politics and incomprehensible lyrics vaguely dealing with philosophy, because even good Gangster Rap is out there, early E-40 and Andre Nickatina have some really good moments despite the gimmicky genre, tracks like C-Bo's "357" are pretty clever (disregarding the title).

I'm gonna agree with this guy even though I've never heard of any of those guys.
While rap is not my favorite genre, there is definatly some good stuff out there that I can listen too.

Now the **** on the radio is horrible and the "culture" is even worse.
But to say all rap is horrible would be incorrect.

Mar 7, 2005 at 5:56 AM Post #5 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by radicaltothemax
I'm gonna agree with this guy even though I've never heard of any of those guys.
While rap is not my favorite genre, there is definatly some good stuff out there that I can listen too.

Now the **** on the radio is horrible and the "culture" is even worse.
But to say all rap is horrible would be incorrect.

Now that's a comment with panache.

Has anyone heard The Game's CD? I was pretty disappointed as I was expecting The Game to be like Dr. Dre minus the producing skill.

Mar 7, 2005 at 6:07 AM Post #6 of 81
I can't understand how rap has taken over the music world. It's all the same, and it all sucks (well, the stuff that MTV and radio keep shoving down our throats). I hate rap, but I will go so far as to say that there is some rap that is more than a bunch of degenerate, overpaid thugs talking nonsense.

Mar 7, 2005 at 6:08 AM Post #7 of 81
I can feel your enthusiasm, guys (most of you). I want to like The Game's new singles, but I find his history a bit distasteful. On the other hand, there's guys like Kanye West who are above the stereotype, and trying to break new ground, but just aren't quite my cup of tea. Then there's Ja Rule who sucks in his private life, and in his fluff-pop collaborations. It's like that thread a while back where we listed artists whose work may be good, but whose extra-curricular stuff makes you boycott them. Anyway, this gangsta theme is getting tiresome to me. It's one thing for me to not relate to the violent themes in their messages, but it's sure as heck not healthy to reinforce them with this off-stage nonsense.

Mar 7, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 81
Look, rap is a way to do something positive rather than end up in jail or selling drugs. I understand that 'gangsta rap' isn't the most positive thing you can do in your life but that is all that some people have. I'm sorry, but coming from L.A. I can easily see this perspective. I also agree that 50 cent is bad for hip hop. He turns it into cheap gimmicky crap. Also, the game is a talented artist whose gang actually worked their differences out with the rival gang. Some people try, you just have to try to understand what they live through and experience. Just my opinion.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 7, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #9 of 81
Yes, you're right, an career in music is much better than one in drugs. I haven't really cared about the rough-around-the-edges personalities until now, and I'm surprised that I do. Afterall, yes these guys have lived through tough times in broken homes, it's understandable. But when guys like Young Buck or the hairstylist rapist guy still can't get their act together, I just throw my hands up in the air. I don't want to give up hope on these guys who've made it, but I need a break. They've disappointed me too much.

Mar 7, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #10 of 81
I guess what it all comes down to for me is this. I'm used to seeing junkie, or lecherous rock/pop/hip-hop stars with hearts of gold. They'll support disaster relief, or political activism, or something that says they're decent human beings. Then there's this circle within hip hop that says, "Yes my time has come. I've made the big bucks, and you didn't. So there. I'm above the law, and since everybody loves me, I'm showing even less love for my fellow man."

Mar 7, 2005 at 7:30 AM Post #11 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan
Look, rap is a way to do something positive rather than end up in jail or selling drugs. I understand that 'gangsta rap' isn't the most positive thing you can do in your life but that is all that some people have. I'm sorry, but coming from L.A. I can easily see this perspective. I also agree that 50 cent is bad for hip hop. He turns it into cheap gimmicky crap. Also, the game is a talented artist whose gang actually worked their differences out with the rival gang. Some people try, you just have to try to understand what they live through and experience. Just my opinion.
rolleyes.gif

You call labeling women bitches and hoes and men pimps positive? Now, I will say that not all rap is like this, but the stuff that makes it on the air is the stuff that influences the most people, would you not agree? I wholeheartedly support their right to produce this garbage, but geez, you'd think that people would look past this nonsense and see it for what it is: food for the ignorant-minded.

Mar 7, 2005 at 7:59 AM Post #12 of 81
I am an avid hip-hop/rap listener. To label an entire genre based on what is seen in the popular media is ignorant. Yes, 50 cent and The Game are lyriclly lacking, as well as, lacking in the delivery. However, there are some mc's who write and produce socially aware music, such as Canada's Sweat Shop Union. I understand that many people will make snap judgements based on appearnces, it is evident the more and more I delve into these forums. There is an elitest attitude that is, frankly, quite disturbing. I assumed the attitude would carry over to music tastes, I thank you for not making an ass out of you and me. As for main stream Hip-Hop, I would rather listen to the rare amazing track from Jay-z. A song like takeover, or the like, then to some of the angst filled pop-punk music that is polluting the airwaves

Mar 7, 2005 at 8:55 AM Post #14 of 81
Some people are saying this 50/Game rift (even the shooting) was planned to drum up publicity for both, especially for 50's second album, coincidentally just about to be released.

Mar 7, 2005 at 9:24 AM Post #15 of 81
Some rappers are like American pro wrestlers and some are like Olympic grade wrestlers. Some are bloated, pure image and figures used in imaginary conflicts. And the others are real masters of their art. Which ones are more popular and why? Obviously the flashy "bad muthas", who can hardly articulate more than five words and don't have a wiff of a singing voice, but can rhyme, or can do something a bit similar, bending the laws of grammatics in order to compensate for their lack of education/functional grey matter. The older and also the better rap artists are just unable to compete.

My wife's cousin, who happens to be all down with rappers and for some reason thinks 50C is a handsome man, has no notion of the existence of Public Enemy, Black Eyed Peas or the Fuggees. But, hey, she knows all those modern constructs made by MTV. The poor girl. Rap reminds me of the old Punk scene: For every Ramones there's a Sex Pistols. A social manifestation generates a fashion trend, ussually enfatazing the worst aspects of a particular social envinroment. Bad news sell a lot and let's not forget that if the parents hate something, then the kids will love it and buy it. That's the way it seems to work. Anyway, I will lend that poor chick my copy of "Fear of a Black Planet" just to get it on the rigth path. Perhaps I am still on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back