5.1 Headphone experience *Foobar configuration for all stereo music files*
Sep 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #572 of 633
Nice guide! I have tried OP's setting and settings posted by various posters here but in the end I keep going back to original stereo mode. I have to admit that this is fun and improves soundstage but it still don't feel right for me. It's not as clear/crisp as the original stereo mode.

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #573 of 633
Pals,help here.
I have recently downloaded the new Foobar version with both wasapi modality (the push and event ones) but in this same bit perfect mode  am unable to play hi res files (96Khz/24Bits) with 5.1 channels.In normal mode (using windows audio streaming) i can play those files ,considering that with both i use Channel Mixer and Dolby Headphone settings.Any Clue?
btw the problem shown is "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 48000 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels".
just to make an example ,when listening to Bohemian Rhapsody Flac 5.1 the back vocals are miles away,whatever change i am able to do in mixer channel i cannot solve the problem.I am starting to get rally Pi$$ed off,i am trying to get my best Foobar preferences since few weeks but every time i get some sort of problem.
Very thanks guys.

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #576 of 633
Quote:
I have not been able to get Foobar 1.1.15 and Wasapi 3.0 to work together.  I believe there's a compatibility issue.

That's odd. Both WASAPI (3.0 version) modes work flawlessly on foobar2000 1.1.12a.

Do previous foobar2000 versions work, as well as the previous WASAPI component version?

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #578 of 633
It's not because it's 1.1.15.  It's the Channel Mixer that WASAPI 3.0 seems to have an issue with. If I set up for two channels, it's fine. If I configure for the 5.1 Dolby experience deal and go to 6 channels (or anything other than 2) WASAPI 3.0 bombs out.  Ref: Win 7x64, i7 quad core with 8GB Ram/6GB cache, updated USB 2.0 drivers.

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #580 of 633
Quote:
It's not because it's 1.1.15.  It's the Channel Mixer that WASAPI 3.0 seems to have an issue with. If I set up for two channels, it's fine. If I configure for the 5.1 Dolby experience deal and go to 6 channels (or anything other than 2) WASAPI 3.0 bombs out.  Ref: Win 7x64, i7 quad core with 8GB Ram/6GB cache, updated USB 2.0 drivers.

Use DS instead and set your Leckerton UHA4 exclusively for foobar2000.

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #581 of 633
So i followed this exactly and while there IS a difference, while listening to the test files i noticed the rear L/R seems to be in the same place as front L/R there is not distinction between the two, they just kinda sound different (volume difference obviously, per the setting) but i dont hear any staging/seperation between the front and rear at all. Using onboard soundcard with SRH840 headphones. Am i doing smthg wrong here?

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #584 of 633
Thanks so much, Graphicism.  Been a while since I've said this, but I'm noticing more details in some of my music that were previously heard.  The seperation particularly helped out when listening to The Fall of Troy's Ghostship Demos because of the complex, multi-layered guitar work.  Just one more tool to help me fully appreciate my music. 

Thanks again!

Sep 27, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #585 of 633
WOW 
my collection sounds even better now
thx 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back