4th Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 7th, 2015
Nov 2, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #46 of 59
Less than a week away!
Looking forward to the meet.

If anyone can get there by 10:00am, that would be great to help setup the tables and watch my gear while I go inside to get the room unlocked, etc.
I will be waiting by the north west entrance to the Winn room.

I should also have a new pair of HiFiMan HE-400S headphones available too. 

I won't have separate setups for all the different headphones I am bringing, but people are more than welcome to borrow the headphones and try them out with other people's setups if they're willing.

-Darin

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #47 of 59
Ok count me and my gear in for now.

Source:
Technics SL1200 + AT440mla
Marantz CDP + Lynx Hilo

Amp:
Bottlehead Crack (fully pimped)
Parasound Zamp + Stax SRD7

Headphones:
Senn HD800 (latest mods)
Koss ESP950

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #48 of 59
  Ok count me and my gear in for now.

Source:
Technics SL1200 + AT440mla
Marantz CDP + Lynx Hilo

Amp:
Bottlehead Crack (fully pimped)
Parasound Zamp + Stax SRD7

Headphones:
Senn HD800 (latest mods)
Koss ESP950

Awesome! That analog gear will be really cool.

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #49 of 59
Just updated the list in the first post.
I am happy to see the meet shaping up nicely with some great gear. Should be fun.
I assume Brannan from Noble will have all his wares to show, but just in case, I will have the Noble Savant, N6, N5, and N4's available for demo too. Not sure if I have enough tips to go around, but bring some if you want to try them.

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #50 of 59
The EAD CD-1000 and BH Crack will be there. I just received the EAD today and everything was shipped safely. I can say for sure off my limited audio memory that the re-capped EAD sounds much cleaner and tighter than the one that failed. EAD CD1000 > BH Crack > HD600 could be someone's endgame. Substitute a new R2R like the Bimby or Gumby for the ancient EAD

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #51 of 59
I won't have the k812 since my friend wanted me to ship it to Asia for him. He couldn't want till I got back.

Also my Dac won't be here on time so I decided to cancel the demo of the apex Teton.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #52 of 59
I won't have the k812 since my friend wanted me to ship it to Asia for him. He couldn't want till I got back.

Also my Dac won't be here on time so I decided to cancel the demo of the apex Teton.

I am sure we can find a DAC and headphones to hook up to the Apex. In fact  @XERO1 and @audiofrk asked to borrow amps from me. Maybe they can use the Apex instead.

Just a thought...

Nov 6, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #53 of 59
Sorry. Already too late. Todd would of needed to ship it earlier this week.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #54 of 59
Darinf, I got another friend who wants to come to the meet.

Can you update number of friends that will come with me to +2.

Also if any one wants me to bring LCD 2.2F please let me know.

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #55 of 59
  Darinf, I got another friend who wants to come to the meet.

Can you update number of friends that will come with me to +2.

Also if any one wants me to bring LCD 2.2F please let me know.

Sure no problem. There's plenty of room. No need to RSVP. People can just show up.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

-Darin

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #57 of 59
  Decided to go all the way out on the home grounds :wink: Will bring prototype IEMs and would love to get some impressions from fellow head-fiers. 

Alex, that's awesome! 
I was lucky enough to get a preview listen to Alex's prototype IEMs. They are a MUST hear! I can't wait to hear them again.
(We don't need no stinkin' Shure HSE1500's!) 
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #59 of 59
Please post any impressions here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/786896/4th-annual-san-diego-head-fi-meet-2015-impressions

Thanks,
-Darin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back