4th Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 7th, 2015
Oct 22, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #31 of 59
Hey Darin,

I'll be there with a few of my PRIMA headphone stands and a pair of Sony's new MDR-100AAP headphones and possibly a pair of Master & Dynamic MH40's.

I'll see everybody there!
L3000.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #32 of 59
  Hey Darin,

I'll be there with a few of my PRIMA headphone stands and a pair of Sony's new MDR-100AAP headphones and possibly a pair of Master & Dynamic MH40's.

I'll see everybody there!
L3000.gif

Hi Chris,

Glad you can make it. I will have your headphone stands there too. I also used them at RMAF/CanJam. They are may favorites by far.

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #33 of 59
Well, drat: Email from Cavalli says my Liquid Carbon is supposed to ship the week of 09 November, just in time to miss the meet. Keeping fingers crossed that it will show up ahead of schedule.

If there is any interest in hearing it, I can bring an AK Jr. Some might find a comparo between Jr. and iPod Touch/GO v2+ Infinity interesting.

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #34 of 59
  Well, drat: Email from Cavalli says my Liquid Carbon is supposed to ship the week of 09 November, just in time to miss the meet. Keeping fingers crossed that it will show up ahead of schedule.

If there is any interest in hearing it, I can bring an AK Jr. Some might find a comparo between Jr. and iPod Touch/GO v2+ Infinity interesting.

No worries, Paul. It looks like everyone is in the same boat with regard to the Liquid Carbon delivery dates. Fingers crossed that it gets to you earlier.

If you can, please bring your AK Jr. I've never heard it but would like to. We could also compare with the Questyle QP1/R.

Also, I think there might be some surprise stuff at the meet that you will want to hear with your DAP. 
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #35 of 59
Hey Darrin I'm on the same boat I have a dac but my amp isn't getting here in time for the meet so its just gonna be me and my pretty face. Also my paradox headphones but mostly ... Well you know

Oct 26, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #37 of 59
Hey Darrin I'm on the same boat I have a dac but my amp isn't getting here in time for the meet so its just gonna be me and my pretty face. Also my paradox headphones but mostly ... Well you know

No worries. I have an extra Schiit Vali you can use if you want. Or I could also make my Schiit Lyr 2 with LISST available. Up to you either way.

I won't be able to make it.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe next time. Thanks for letting me know.

Oct 26, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #38 of 59
I'm crossing my fingers but my EAD CD-1000 should be able to make it back to San Diego in time for the meet. I just got the elecrolytic capacitors replaced in the output stage as well as a conversion for the 240V to a 120V outlet which I added to the repair. (yay no more step down transformer) Right now Noble Electronics is finishing the caps and burning in the CD-1000.

I really do hope I can bring it because it is a fantastic CD player and 2x PCM63P-K based R2R DAC that was around long before people started going off the Yggy and Gumby craze. If it is there it will be hooked up to my Bottlehead Crack but if it doesn't get shipped back in time I will just have to switch between Bifrost MB and my Theta DAC (the other 90s collectible I own).

Looking forward to seeing everyone and usually the turnout is larger than the people that reply to Darin so I hope to see some Head-fi "lurkers" show up

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #39 of 59

Quote:
  Hi Chris,

Glad you can make it. I will have your headphone stands there too. I also used them at RMAF/CanJam. They are may favorites by far.

I second Darin's praise of Chris' headphone stands.  I purchased one at least year's meet and it is my favorite headphone stand as well. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #40 of 59

Kevnin, please do bring your your gungnir MB -> mjolnir 2 ->HD800, this is exactly what I'm drooling over. If you can just make it for a couple of hours, I would love to come for those hours! 

Sure I'll bring the gear. Darin, can I still get table space (w/2 chairs please)?

Edit: Does anyone care about my TH900? If not I'll just leave it at home.  Also FYI my HD800 is Anax 2.0-modded.

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #41 of 59

Sure I'll bring the gear. Darin, can I still get table space (w/2 chairs please)?

Edit: Does anyone care about my TH900? If not I'll just leave it at home.  Also FYI my HD800 is Anax 2.0-modded.

No problem. I have you down for one table and 2 chairs. Thanks!

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #42 of 59

The more gear, the better!  
biggrin.gif

Plus, I haven't heard the TH900 yet.  I'd love to finally be able to!

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #43 of 59
FYI, Enigmacoustics/Alma Music and Audio added to the vendor list!

Can't wait to hear the Dharma's....

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #44 of 59
  FYI, Enigmacoustics/Alma Music and Audio added to the vendor list!

Can't wait to hear the Dharma's....

Me too Darin. I missed the Dharma's at LA Can Jam. There was just way too much going on.

EAD CD-1000 is repaired and all mods and upgrades are finished. It will be there at the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back