4th Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 7th, 2015
Oct 8, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #16 of 59
   Thanks Darin for doing it again.
 Your meets are always AWESOME and I will surely join. Will bring a set of Audio Zenith PMx2s and a set of DSP corrected HD-800s. Schiit Yggdrasil and Ragnarok will drive the PMx2s and prototype DSP processor will drive the 800s via Carver.
   Can't wait to see all of you guys and very much looking forward to it!

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #17 of 59
It would be cool if Dan from me speakers came. I am looking to see hear if I should upgrade my mad dogs to pros or alphas. Also looking to hear what m mag dogs and X1 sound like with a tube or hybrid amp.

FYI, Mr. Speakers added to the vendor list...

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #19 of 59
I'm planning to come. It will be my first meet. Excited to see SR-009 and ESP950 on the list as I've really been wanting to hear those.

I'm not sure if I should bring my setup or not, as I'll need to bring my wife and baby and we may not be able to stay the entire time. I have gungnir MB -> mjolnir 2 ->HD800/TH900. If there's demand for it I can bring it.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #20 of 59
  I'm planning to come. It will be my first meet. Excited to see SR-009 and ESP950 on the list as I've really been wanting to hear those.

I'm not sure if I should bring my setup or not, as I'll need to bring my wife and baby and we may not be able to stay the entire time. I have gungnir MB -> mjolnir 2 ->HD800/TH900. If there's demand for it I can bring it.

Sounds like you will have your hands full without any gear. Don't worry if you don't bring any gear. I will have my Gumby and I can bring stock HD800's.  There will be other HD800's too.

On another note, I am hoping to pick up a pair of Fostex TR50p MK3 headphones in time for the meet. Seems like they're getting a lot of good impressions. I didn't have a chance to listen to them at CanJam/RMAF.

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #21 of 59
  Sounds like you will have your hands full without any gear. Don't worry if you don't bring any gear. I will have my Gumby and I can bring stock HD800's.  There will be other HD800's too.

On another note, I am hoping to pick up a pair of Fostex TR50p MK3 headphones in time for the meet. Seems like they're getting a lot of good impressions. I didn't have a chance to listen to them at CanJam/RMAF.

Wow very nice Darin! I just realized the T50RP mk3 is being sold now. I'm looking forward to hearing them if you do happen to bring them.

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #22 of 59

Wow very nice Darin! I just realized the T50RP mk3 is being sold now. I'm looking forward to hearing them if you do happen to bring them.

FYI, I just picked up a pair of Fostex TR50P MK3's today. So I will definitely bring them to the meet for everyone to try.
-Darin

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #25 of 59

I'd really like to give the new Oppo cans a listen.  If anyone has them or we can get a rep / vendor to show up, that would be awesome.

I am not sure if anyone is bringing any stock Oppo cans. I think Audio Zenith only brings their modded Oppo cans.

Quote:
  I might be coming with Hiyono, I went 2-3 years ago. I don't have equipment anymore but trying to get back into the game. I'll bring my UERMs :)

That would be great if you came @azynneo . It would be good to see you again.

BTW, I updated the first post with attendees and potential attendees.

I haven't heard back from most of the sponsors... Still hoping we might get some gear from vendors even if they can't show up. I am working on it.

Oct 18, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #26 of 59
I'll try to make it down.  This will be the first community event I've been to.

Here's what I'll bring if I can make it:

Schiit Lyr 1
Schiit Modi 2U
Alpha Dogs
HD 650
NAD Viso HP50
Fiio X5

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #28 of 59
I'll be bringing an apex Teton that Todd from TTVJ is going to loan me.

I'll also have a friend's akg k812 from massdrop, my own Audeze lcd3f, audio technical esw9ltd, and my Ue PRMs.

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #29 of 59

Kevnin, please do bring your your gungnir MB -> mjolnir 2 ->HD800, this is exactly what I'm drooling over. If you can just make it for a couple of hours, I would love to come for those hours! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back