4th annual Copenhagen, Denmark meet impressions
Oct 30, 2010 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

nc8000

Headphoneus Supremus
This meet is now over and we had a great time with 30-35 people turning up so the biggest meet in Denmark yet.

I'm linking to the Danish impressions thread, text will be in Danish but all should be able to enjoy the pictures.

Lots of gear to play with, here are my own photos from the setup and the presentation round, more pictures will be in the Danish thread I'm sure.

meet1.jpg

Playing with the JH Audio demo range that Jerry so very kindly let us borrow. Probably both first and last chance to try these in Denmark. Could be expensive for some of the people attending.
Also to the left in the picture the RE262 that HeadDirect send us for demo and let us raffle off.

meet2.jpg

meet3.jpg

meet4.jpg

meet5.jpg

meet6.jpg

meet8.jpg

meet9.jpg

meet10.jpg

meet11.jpg

meet12.jpg

meet13.jpg

meet14.jpg

meet156.jpg

meet17.jpg

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #4 of 65
You do ?
Did you have a hand in that, it is a diy Panda amp done by one of the attendees ?

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #7 of 65
Looks like tons of fun!  If I had my own private plane, (I absolutely hate, HATE commercial flying, not that I can afford to do so anyways!), I'd be all over that.

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #10 of 65
Yes it was a great meet. Our next will probably be during late winter or early spring in Jutland, aiming for Kolding. That will be the fourth Jutland meet, we usually have the autumn meet in Copenhagen and the spring meet in Jutland. The last two years the spring meet has been hosted by the Danish distributor of Stax and Densen in Esbjerg.

My personal high point of the meet and greatest surprise was listening to Librerian's DT770/600 Manufaktur that he bought last year based on recomendationd from amongst others Skylab as I recall. Having only ever heard a stock DT770/80 pro and an early Darth Beyer I was not prepared for the sound from the 600 ohm model which is a whole lot more refined and controlled. While I still find my Ed8 to be better I might never have bought it had I heard the 600 ohm model first as it really was so good that I would happily have settled with it (I have to have a leakfree headphone so all the great open phones are out of the question for me)

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 65
Yes there were a set of ancient Tesla 4000 ohm (that is actually what it said on them) headphones and two sets of Yuin clip-on's where the clip-on system had been replaced by headbands scavenged from £2 eBay el cheapo headphones that just happened to share the identical click system

Nov 1, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #13 of 65
gotta love seeing a pair of grado prestige series next to their big brother

Users who are viewing this thread

Back