4th annual Copenhagen, Denmark meet impressions
Nov 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #16 of 65
A few more pictures. As always meets are GREAT and Head-fiers are a bunch of kind and friendly people. 

During the presentation round....

We had almost all the JH's customs for DEMO. The JH-16 in the front. I think I tried three or four of the JH's - WOW! I can easily understand why a lot of people can live with these as their only desktop and portable earphone. Fantastic sound, detail, dynamics, punch and full bodied. 

NC8000's rig...

A closeup of the RE262 - unfortunately I did not win it in the raffle....

In the picture the HE5-LE from Head-direct... NOT my cup of tea.

The Sony CD3000 - my big positive surprise on the meet. It was the first time I heard them. Running on my Meier Concerto it was VERY good and transparent with high resolution. 

AffeX demoing his balanced HD800 on the Woo Audio 22+Stello DA100 Signature with upgraded tubes. THAT rig sounded great!

A very well built Beta 22.

A bunch of friendly geeks doing what they like best.....

A new meet will probably be arranged in February / March. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #17 of 65

Quote:
Wow, impressive! I'll really try to be there next year. I really enjoyed meeting rasmushorn and AffeX at our meet in Berlin.

Hi Sepinho! 
beerchug.gif

Maybe one day a combined European meet will be arranged...?? 

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #19 of 65

a lot of looking and pointing and head scratcching..anyone do any listening :p

Oh yes, but all my pictures were taken during the initial presentation round where everybody did a quick presentation of who they were and what gear they had brought

Nov 2, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #21 of 65

Would JHAudio be willing to send those demo units here in the Philippines for our upcoming beg meet in December? Hoping
smily_headphones1.gif

Send Jerry or Jaime an e-mail and ask, that is what I did.

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #22 of 65
Indeed a great meet, I almost blew up an amp with my k1000 hehe

And now I have to buy another amp for my cd3000, these meets always turn out to become expensive
biggrin.gif

As Nc also said the concerto is a great little amp, ashame with the blue LEDs but soundwise it was great and that even coupled with a Muse Dac

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #23 of 65
The Concerto sounded really great for the price. And AffeX's rig sounded incredible the woo22 and stello da100 combo really brings the HD800s to a whole new level. Also had a breif listen with the HE-5LEs on that rig and it is clear that they scale very well with the setup as well. Also tried the protector with a whiplash cable and my JH16s and that is just one kick ass combination, a radical upgrad compared to being driven straight out of a good single ended IEM amplifier. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #25 of 65
WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?!?

Sigh, looks like you guys had a fun day, count me in for the Kolding meetup!

Nov 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #26 of 65
Nov 2, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #27 of 65
I'll be sure to come around in Kolding!
biggrin.gif
Looks like a lot of fun as always
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #30 of 65
As I wrote I rather liked the DT770/600 MANUFAKTUR. I also tried the Beyer T50 and did not at all like it, it sounded thin and aneamic in the midrange. I did get told that it was a phone you really need to spend a lot of time with as it is extremely picky about positioning.

I also tried the Pico Slim and can say that for me I made the right choice by going with the Predator instead. It is by far not a bad amp but for me it didn't really do it (using my JH13 with a Protector to mini converter plug).

Apart from these 3 things I didn't really listen to anything as I'm comfortably settled with my current gear, I come more just to meet and talk with people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back