450 dollar budget...full headphone setup... TOTAL noob... need lots of help...
Jan 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jsilbert95

Head-Fier
Hey, so I'm a brand new member here and a TOTAL noob to headphones and such, and I need some help.

So right now I mainly listen to music out of my 2009 Macbook Pro 13 inch, my iPhone 4, and my iPod classic 80g.  I'm looking for a setup for basically music only.  Sure I'll watch a TV show or movie once in a while on my comp, but this setup is mostly for music.  I am a music LOVER.  I listen to: mostly Jazz (all kinds from Acoustic to Fusion), Rock, Alt. Rock, World, a little bit of Electronic, R & B, Ska, etc.  I don't really know if I like the music to be bass heavy, but I am a bass player and always like to be able to hear the bass clearly.  

Ok, so I have a 450 dollar budget, and I would love a great over-hear pair of headphones.  I care much more about sound quality more than anything else, so I don't care for noise-canceling too much.  I have heard that I need an amp to make a good pair of headphones sound as good as they should.  So, what does this mean I need to get?  I want this headphone setup to be portable, but I also listen a lot just sitting at home, so should I get a portable amp, desktop amp, or both?  I don't really know anything about the amps tho... So I need a lot of help here.  I also need to know what cables I need to make everything work with each of my music-listening devices...  If anyone is still reading at this point (lol)  I would really appreciate some help on a full plan to get the best portable/at home setup possible.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back