3rd Annual Austin, Texas Spring Meet - March 2nd, 2013
Mar 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #707 of 774
If it wouldn't be too much to ask, could someone take a pic of Avenson Audio's setup and one of Brad Avenson? Thanks, would really appreciate it.

Btw, just some friendly advice on meet pics for those who will be taking them: try not to get too close-up for gear pics. Some of us on Head-Fi would like to see a whole setup including the table layout, plus the room itself, and the people, and maybe even the venue too. Those kinds of pics tend to provide a better sense of the meet and will help attract attendance for future meets.
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #708 of 774
Great points, ASR. I like pictures of everything from everywhere, not just the gear close-ups.

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #709 of 774
Quote:
If it wouldn't be too much to ask, could someone take a pic of Avenson Audio's setup and one of Brad Avenson? Thanks, would really appreciate it.

Btw, just some friendly advice on meet pics for those who will be taking them: try not to get too close-up for gear pics. Some of us on Head-Fi would like to see a whole setup including the table layout, plus the room itself, and the people, and maybe even the venue too. Those kinds of pics tend to provide a better sense of the meet and will help attract attendance for future meets.
wink.gif

I'm sure we will both do our bests.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan1son/6829072882/in/set-72157629566689561/  that's what I took last time.  It was a small place, and I didn't bring a wide angle lens.  I won't make that mistake this year.  I should be able to easily take some full venue shots and such as well.  This one is also longer so I'll have more time to wander around and take some shots.  Last year was pretty small and short so it was a little awkward taking pictures of people I didn't know.  :p  I'll try to be more open about it this time.  

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #710 of 774
I'm really looking forward to comparing the Liquid Lightning 2 to the Blue Hawaii SE both on SR-009's.  I'm sure that there's going to be quite a line for both amps.

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #711 of 774
Not sure we'll be seeing an LL2 yet. It's still coming together. Maybe Alex will pull it out of his hat though.

As far as a line...BHSE is 4-6 months right now (according to Justin). LL 2 will drop before that (barring any unknown incidents). No wait list on that one though.

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to comparing the Liquid Lightning 2 to the Blue Hawaii SE both on SR-009's.  I'm sure that there's going to be quite a line for both amps.

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #712 of 774
Alex posted on his LL2 announcement thread that the LL2 will be at the meet.

As for the line, I meant a queue at the meet to try out those amps, not in buying them.
Quote:
Not sure we'll be seeing an LL2 yet. It's still coming together. Maybe Alex will pull it out of his hat though.

As far as a line...BHSE is 4-6 months right now (according to Justin). LL 2 will drop before that (barring any unknown incidents). No wait list on that one though.

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #713 of 774
As of this morning, Alex is planning to bring the LL2 to the meet. He's worked hard to make that happen for us. I may be a little bias, but I think we're in for a nice treat! All of Cavalli's offerings will be represented at the meet by various people, as far as I know. 

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #714 of 774
That's sexy. Gonna be excited to see it. Guess I should pay more attention. :D

Quote:
As of this morning, Alex is planning to bring the LL2 to the meet. He's worked hard to make that happen for us. I may be a little bias, but I think we're in for a nice treat! All of Cavalli's offerings will be represented at the meet by various people, as far as I know. 

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #715 of 774
Quote:
FYI, I will be bringing an entirely new piece of technology to the meet which has the potential to greatly alter the outcome for everyone present. Mum's the word on the Elephantine Mystery Tech Item until it arrives. :)

Ixnay on the echnologytay. Won't be ready in time for this meet. Ah, but soon... soon...

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #718 of 774
Oh and just a heads up for anyone local. Brian at Whetstone just got in the new Line Magnetic DAC. 

Check it out here. 

It's built really well and @ $1800 I'm seriously considering it when I get around to auditioning DACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back