3rd Annual Austin, Texas Spring Meet - March 2nd, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #661 of 774
My friend Michael was just told about a UIL Computer Science meet on the second, so he can not come... :frowning2:

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #663 of 774
Computer nerds have meets?
UIL competition, it's a high school state wide thing in Texas, but there are PC meets all the time, most colleges have PC clubs...

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #664 of 774
Having a hard time picturing a computer science meet. Do they have speakers on networks and processor design or something? Or overclock their computers and run benchmarks?

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #665 of 774
Having a hard time picturing a computer science meet. Do they have speakers on networks and processor design or something? Or overclock their computers and run benchmarks?
They write programs...

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #666 of 774
Tomorrow is the last day to pay via PayPal. Please do this if you are able, to avoid extra work on the morning of the meet. $20 PayPal GIFT to maxvla@hotmail.com per person.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #667 of 774
I see I'm spotted for 2 table spots.  If we really have the room I'll be more than happy to pack up my vinyl kit and spread out that extra bit, I just don't want to get my 'budgetphile' turntable in a spot someone else could use.  

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #668 of 774
Quote:

Hey now.  I'm a programmer... I've been to those types of meets.  Generally they're more 'hackathons' where you combine yourself into teams and try to build something (within a given set of guidelines) as fast and well as possible.  At the end you present what you've done and prizes are awarded to the best.  I've seen actual companies be built out of those type of events.  It's entertaining a different way.    

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #669 of 774
I see I'm spotted for 2 table spots.  If we really have the room I'll be more than happy to pack up my vinyl kit and spread out that extra bit, I just don't want to get my 'budgetphile' turntable in a spot someone else could use.  

Yes I planned for you to have your turntable.

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #670 of 774
I might need a slightly larger than average space.  I've just acquired a Super7.  So I'll have a laptop, dac, phonitor and s7.  The latter two have a decently sized footprint.

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #671 of 774
Ok I will probably swap you and mcdevin since gopanthers has minimal gear you can use a bit more space than normal. Did you buy CEETEE's S7?

I could also give you a full table if you need by moving gopanthers to soundfreaqs old spot and moving mcdevin to you old spot. You would take 35-36.

Actually yes, lets do that. I will make the adjustments when I get home and post an updated chart.

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #672 of 774
No, after he beat me out on that BA, I did offer to buy his S7, but he said he wanted to keep it a while for comparison.  The upgrade fever took hold, so I just bought one new.  I hope I don't like the liquid glass much more than it at the meet, I might have to sell both and buy one :p

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #673 of 774
Quote:
No, after he beat me out on that BA, I did offer to buy his S7, but he said he wanted to keep it a while for comparison.  The upgrade fever took hold, so I just bought one new.  I hope I don't like the liquid glass much more than it at the meet, I might have to sell both and buy one :p

LG's really good. You might just want to stay away from one instead of hoping it's not much better. :)

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #675 of 774
Will be good to have some EC in Texas. How are you liking it so far vs your Phonitor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back