$399 Apple iPod Touch 6G with 128GB storage and A8 chip
Aug 3, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #136 of 223

Right, like my setup.  As long as you've got a device like the Oppo HA-2, you can just run a regular usb lightning cable to get a true line out.  Not sure if you're going to like a 3.5mm or something if it's even possible w/ Apple.  All that said, I listen to the iTouch quite a bit without the amp and I'm really impressed with the sound out of my A83s.  Soooo...not really sure how necessary a 300 dollar amp is in the grand scheme of things. :)

A lineout is analog, the USB out is digital which goes to a DAC.

Aug 4, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #137 of 223
I just need to get pure digital out, I have an AMP with an excellent DAC, with the 4th generation I used this dock for pure digital out, but I haven't found anything similar for the 5th or 6th generation.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-iPhone-Hi-Fi-Quality-Output/dp/B0049MOK92

Aug 4, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #142 of 223
It all depends on what you are using it with. I have a dedicted apple approved dac/amp and use the Venturecraft 7N lightning cable.

The photo is of the Apple camera connection kit cable.

Oct 10, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #143 of 223
I dont why there isnt more interest discussion on this ipod,sold my sony A16 and bought a 64gb for the same price,build quality and functionality the ipod is in a different league,the walkman may have shaded it sq wise but with a a good app like DCT and especially relisten i prefer the ipod.Had the classic and the touch 4 before which to me were both dull as was the 4s.This one beats them all including my 5th generation ipod with wolfson dac.

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #147 of 223
I dont why there isnt more interest discussion on this ipod,sold my sony A16 and bought a 64gb for the same price,build quality and functionality the ipod is in a different league,the walkman may have shaded it sq wise but with a a good app like DCT and especially relisten i prefer the ipod.Had the classic and the touch 4 before which to me were both dull as was the 4s.This one beats them all including my 5th generation ipod with wolfson dac.

Funny, that mirrors my experience with older iPods. I have a classic 5.5g and a fourth generation touch.

I just bought a Sony A17 + PHA-1A and it crushes my older iPods.

Choice is a wonderful thing.

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #149 of 223

Users who are viewing this thread

Back