$399 Apple iPod Touch 6G with 128GB storage and A8 chip
Oct 11, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #153 of 223
were talking about a DAP here not a smartphone,although the iphone 6s is getting quite a bit more hype,a decent amp with the ipod touch 6 and relisten app puts up a good fight against my AK100ii and 120.

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #154 of 223

Some workplaces don't allow mobile devices that have cameras, for security reasons. For some people I can see this being a deal breaker

but that camera is sooo good though (especially since its essentially the iphone 5s camera but without the phone)

score!

i'lll have to give the apple store a call to see if they have any in stock here in Canada....

but its $499 CAD and our taxes!! ahhh why you do this to me apple!

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #155 of 223

but that camera is sooo good though (especially since its essentially the iphone 5s camera but without the phone)

score!

i'lll have to give the apple store a call to see if they have any in stock here in Canada....

but its $499 CAD and our taxes!! ahhh why you do this to me apple!

easier to just order it online anyway. Plus if you're getting the 128 GB option, thats online exclusive regardless. One thing I love about apple store is their awesome sauce return policy.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #157 of 223

easier to just order it online anyway. Plus if you're getting the 128 GB option, thats online exclusive regardless. One thing I love about apple store is their awesome sauce return policy.

hm.... kinda wanna get it without it shipping to the door. if you know what I mean =)

shouldn't be spending this $, but my self control is rather pathetic......
This is an in store item in Canada. I walked in and got mine at Markville. Next day they had them at Yorkdale.

even the 128gb?

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #158 of 223
Yes Sir. I got the 128 GB in Product Red. They had the entire colour selection, all capacities, in store. Very capable little machine. Instant satisfaction.

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #159 of 223
were talking about a DAP here not a smartphone,although the iphone 6s is getting quite a bit more hype,a decent amp with the ipod touch 6 and relisten app puts up a good fight against my AK100ii and 120.

Hear you completely but at least in the UK online store one has to make an effort to even buy the Touch as Apple are hardly pushing it and the 64GB / 128 GB models are priced at smartphone levels

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #160 of 223

I think relisten is more smoke and mirrors than reality. IMO a good DAC and Amp shouldn't need any sleight of hand to sound proper. As far as hype goes, by now we all know that it makes the world of audio spin. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #161 of 223
Since some units of iPhone 6s are exhibiting background noises when screen is on or CPU, wifi are at work..is iPod Touch 6 background pitch black even if you are using apps or wifi...

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #164 of 223
Its free to try.

I  might give it a try. I have a hard time believing the hype about "recovery algorithm" as I believe that once removed something can't be magically recovered. Since I'm not looking for "sound optimisation" the app does not apeal to me so the $50 doesn't make sense to me. I suppose that the value of altered sound would be an individual value judgement.

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #165 of 223
  I think relisten is more smoke and mirrors than reality. IMO a good DAC and Amp shouldn't need any sleight of hand to sound proper. As far as hype goes, by now we all know that it makes the world of audio spin. 
biggrin.gif

That's snakeoil by numbers.

I doubt that anybody who knows how digital audio works would ever purchase or even try that app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back