$350 - $400 for headphones & DAC/amp combo
Sep 18, 2015 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Disultory

New Head-Fier
Hey there!
After using cheap headsets for years, it's time for me to step up my game. My budget is around +/- $350. Keep in mind this is my first time spending more than $100 on audio equipment. I'll use it exclusively on my pc, so isolation/size/looks doesn't matter alot to me. I listen to alot of HipHop (Snoop, B.I.G, Tupac etc.), some pop (mostly female vocals), some metal and some classical. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Sep 18, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 5
  Philips Fidelio X2 with FiiO E10K or Schiit Fulla is what I would go for with that budget.

This should be a good option, and another would be the Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro which is a fantastic all around headphone especially for the price.  Avoid the 600 Ohm one though since an E10K or Fulla probably won't be sufficient.

Sep 18, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #4 of 5
Maybe even wait for a k7xx to drop and get something like either a schiit stack or some similarly priced dac/amp setup?

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #5 of 5
  Maybe even wait for a k7xx to drop and get something like either a schiit stack or some similarly priced dac/amp setup?

Great suggestion.  I'd go this route because you get a headphone of comparable sound quality to the others mentioned (according to comparisons made, I've never heard the K7xx or X2 mind you), but a much better source and amp so higher overall fidelity.  The K7xx also has the reputation of being a good all around headphone.  It's basically the $350 K712 but with different pads and perhaps some other external differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back