336se help!
Jul 21, 2010 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cal8949

New Head-Fier
i just got my new darkvoice amp yesterday and i get this loud buzzing sound out of the left channel a couple seconds after i turn on the amp , i can hear this buzzing even when the volume is all the way down. so should i try new tubes and if so what tubes should i try?

Jul 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 8
First make sure that the tubes you have are seated properly.  It sounds like they may not be.  Is the bottom of the tube base flush with the top of the tube socket?

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 8
i just looked at it the back tube feels a little loose and if a press on i the right way the buzz goes away but i cant keep the tube in that position without holding it and i tried reseating it with no luck, it the any methods to make the socket fit the tube better?

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #6 of 8
Contact cleaner if you have some.  There is clearly some issue with the tube contacting in the tube socket.

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #7 of 8
i just cant get the tube to sit right in the socket. i'm going to bring it in to a local guy to look at it. i email darkvoice twice in 2 days and still haven't gotten an email back  

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #8 of 8
i just emailed darkvoice for the 3rd time requesting a return and they still haven't gotten back to me. it seems like they make great products but really don't back there customers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back