**30Gb Zune? Go ahead - Switch it on!**
Dec 31, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #16 of 81
tell me - do your zunes have 3 flashing lights arranged in a 3/4 ring?

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #17 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by daglesj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys,

There is a major problem with 30Gb Zunes all locking as of 30th December.

They stick on the boot load screen.

So if you havent turned yours on yet...dont.

I guess more news as it happens. Mine has locked already just as my new Audio Technica AD700's arrived!!!!!

If this has been reported already then apologies. Thought better to post than wait and search through.......

http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/gen...ne-frozen.html

Thank you for the warning!

My Zune 30 will remain turned off until there's an all-clear sounded. (Not a hardship as I mostly use my Sansa Clip these days)

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #18 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by daglesj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys,

There is a major problem with 30Gb Zunes all locking as of 30th December.

They stick on the boot load screen.

So if you havent turned yours on yet...dont.

I guess more news as it happens. Mine has locked already just as my new Audio Technica AD700's arrived!!!!!

If this has been reported already then apologies. Thought better to post than wait and search through.......

http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/gen...ne-frozen.html

I thought this was going to be some kind of joke, or maybe like the Y2K thing where all the computers were supposed to crash for the year 2000.
I havent used my Zune in about 2 weeks. I been working alot and taking my Sansa Clip along for the ride.
So can we turn it on after the 30th and just not "ON" the 30th?
(I havent read the thread yet, had to hurry and post...lol).

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #20 of 81
Some more workarounds....jeje
Quote:

LATEST UPDATE:
It appears that it is related to the hardware clock in the Zune 30. People are reporting that by disabling the Windows Time Service on their PC, resetting the date on their PC (to something like 12/04/2008) , and stopping all Zune-related Windows services (and hard-resetting the Zune device) they are able to get it all working again.

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #21 of 81
Dec 31, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #23 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry Zune users but this is too funny not to deserve a laugh. Total whack jobs from Z-teams. Zune30 actually bricking it's pant!

Yeah its side splittingly hilarious. Please feel free to let us know when something unfortunate happens to you so we can all point at you and go "Ha Haa!"

Cheeky devils!

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #24 of 81
May the tinny highs of a thousand Ipod EarBuds make everything you listen to sound veiled and muddy!!! Bah to the Zune haters that think this is funny!

*ties all your headphone cables into knots* Muaahahahaha!!!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #25 of 81
dang i just plugged in my zune30gb before reading this and now its stuck!
frown.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #26 of 81
i hope this gets fixed. even macrumors is in uproar about it! it is funny in one way: the prediction of computers dying around the world came 9 years late and only attacked personal audio/video devices by one manufacturer. we can survive but ringing in the new year will have to be done without your fancy iems. sorry ladies and gents: microsoft, let's get this fixed.

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #27 of 81
wow, this is bizzare, glad i didnt opt for the brick that lives up to being just that bwahahahaha.

sorry i had to. it is very weird if its actually happening to all 30gb owners. if it cant be fixed with software this could be costly for microsoft.

Dec 31, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #28 of 81
Could it have been planned to make us purchase a new Zune model to replace it?
If so, i feel it would drive people to buy something else, rather than make me go out and buy the Zune 120 or something.
Really i want user replaceable batteries, drag n drop, large storage space, great sound, external memory card slot.
Hmmmmm....

Dec 31, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #29 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could it have been planned to make us purchase a new Zune model to replace it?
If so, i feel it would drive people to buy something else, rather than make me go out and buy the Zune 120 or something.
Really i want user replaceable batteries, drag n drop, large storage space, great sound, external memory card slot.
Hmmmmm....

No, microsoft wouldn't be so daring.

I could see an evil company making a small, random number fail at a pre-determined time, but definitely not all of them.

Probably just a catastrophic coding error by a (most likely former by now) software engineer.
dt880smile.png

Dec 31, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #30 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought this was going to be some kind of joke, or maybe like the Y2K thing where all the computers were supposed to crash for the year 2000.
I

WEll, pretty much exactly like that except the part where nobody fixed it before the big day.

Anybody still want Msoft writing your car's operating system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back