**30Gb Zune? Go ahead - Switch it on!**
Dec 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

daglesj

100+ Head-Fier
Guys,

There is a major problem with 30Gb Zunes all locking as of 30th December.

They stick on the boot load screen.

So if you havent turned yours on yet...dont.

I guess more news as it happens. Mine has locked already just as my new Audio Technica AD700's arrived!!!!!

If this has been reported already then apologies. Thought better to post than wait and search through.......

Help with Frozen Zune 30s - Zune Boards

Dec 31, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 81
zune players systematically conking out?

sometimes i wish there were a virus for ipod classics that systematically made them sound better than vinyls through a n ultra quality tube amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 81
Wow. 32 pages of What!?

Very interesting. The hard reset seems to work( unplug the battery) but then I saw this:

PLEASE READ

Right, if you do open up your zune to hard reset it, take heed
IT WORKS... BUT.. when you do it, turn off the clock in the options menu of the zune.
AND! DO NOT.. i repreat DO NOT try and Sync your zune with your PC, it will brick it again, and this time round the hard reset wont work!!!!

Dec 31, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #4 of 81
Yeah mine has run out of juice and I'll wait till MS makes a statement.

Dec 31, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 81
Solution for fixing the OLD Brick:
Zune.net

Dec 31, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #7 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Solution for fixing the OLD Brick:
Zune.net

Not really a practical fix.

I think best leave it to the MS guys to solve. If at the end of the day thats the best they can come up with then so be it.

Until then........I'll pass.

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 81
Ok well on Zune.Net Support, MS have now acknowledged there is a problem with the 30Gb and they are looking into it.

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #11 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...PLEASE READ

Right, if you do open up your zune to hard reset it, take heed
IT WORKS... BUT.. when you do it, turn off the clock in the options menu of the zune.
AND! DO NOT.. i repreat DO NOT try and Sync your zune with your PC, it will brick it again, and this time round the hard reset wont work!!!!

There's more:

Do not feed the Zune after midnight. And whatever you do do not, we repeat, DO NOT give it water!

In all seriousness, is this limited strictly to the Z30 I wonder? I hope MS get this sorted out like real fast.

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #12 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo96 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really hope that MS gets this fixed ASAP. One of the shining stars for the Zune is that MS has been supporting the original 30gb device very well even though it's older tech.

Me too, I really like my White Zune. I got it brand new maybe a year ago and there's not a single scratch, blemish, mark on it. The last thing I want is to have to send it in and get a refurb or something.

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #13 of 81
Yeah I'm still upbeat about it. Hopefully they will find a method to reflash a flattend Zune without having to take it apart.

Somethings I dont mind taking apart but for some reason I just dont fancy performing openheart on mine.

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #15 of 81
from my Zune social page
Quote:

Customers with 30gb Zune devices may experience issues when booting their Zune hardware. We’re aware of the problem and are working to correct it. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back