$300 to spend. No Amp. Style is important. Suggestions?
Feb 4, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #16 of 24
Grab an SR325is and be done with it. 
gs1000.gif

Quote:

I believe he (Kibble) was just trying to have a little fun. He probably did it not trying to fool you into thinking those are great choices but rather suggest headphones that are such obvious pieces of junk that you would get the joke. Apparently you thought he was trying to be mean and actually convince you to buy the fore mentioned junk. I got the joke and I bet most others did as well. Doesn't seem like you did though.

We don't all have the same sense of humor.  =\

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #17 of 24

Quote:
Grab an SR325is and be done with it. 
gs1000.gif

Quote:

I believe he (Kibble) was just trying to have a little fun. He probably did it not trying to fool you into thinking those are great choices but rather suggest headphones that are such obvious pieces of junk that you would get the joke. Apparently you thought he was trying to be mean and actually convince you to buy the fore mentioned junk. I got the joke and I bet most others did as well. Doesn't seem like you did though.

We don't all have the same sense of humor.  =\

Agreed.

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #18 of 24
Grado's are some sexy mothers

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #19 of 24
Aesthetics can be just as polarizing as the sound. I like the "WW2 Aviator" look of the Grados and the HD580/600/650/HE60/90, plus the K701/702, but people who put "style" first think they're too bulky...but don't think twice about wearing the Beats Pro 
confused_face_2.gif
  Basically, what looks good to me is something that looks like it belongs in the listening room at home and fit in well if you put in a recording studio. On a related note, I like how purposeful yet stylish the Ferrari 456 is. By contrast, others will prefer the Beats and a Cadillac with spinners.

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #20 of 24
Wait...you turned down the phiaton ms400...?  There's some recent reviews of the ms400 on the forums, ya know.  It doesn't hurt to even try and search for them.  In fact, there's a whole 'nother "FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE" thread where they have another very good alternative recommended.

Some people may be assholes here, but its just because they like people who take the time to research stuff first before asking away ignorantly.

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #21 of 24
^^^^^

Feb 4, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
oh and Kibble your a prime example of why people think this community is full of assholes. If you think that I dont know how overpriced beats, skullcandy, and bose are for their obvious lack of quality, you must truly think i'm an idiot. For the sake of people here who actually care about getting more people (like me) to enjoy a higher quality of sound, you should really watch the crap you put out. 

His what is a prime example?
tongue.gif

And from the looks of it, the Skullcandy Aviators might be a viable set of fashion headphones, no joke. If our founder likes them, then that might say something. It depends on your music preferences though.

Feb 4, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #23 of 24
My little sister lives in San Francisco and when I first showed her the K 702 she told me those looked familiar; turns out she has seen quite a few people wearing the white ones (701) while walking around in the city... powered by iPods, of course.

Feb 4, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #24 of 24

Quote:
My little sister lives in San Francisco and when I first showed her the K 702 she told me those looked familiar; turns out she has seen quite a few people wearing the white ones (701) while walking around in the city... powered by iPods, of course.

^^
I'm Having quite a hard time imagining that.

@OP:
You should try the sony XB500. for cans that are less than $100, they sound like you're in a nightclub (FWIR), they're comfy (but they get hot) and they look cool... and by cool I mean GIGANTIC WHEELS ON YOUR HEAD KIND OF COOL. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back