$300 to spend. No Amp. Style is important. Suggestions?
Feb 3, 2011 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

MaxMusic

Head-Fier
Liking the ATH M50s but I'm actually looking to spend a bit more money. Any suggestions? Pretty much trying to convince my self conscious self to NOT to buy beats by dre :). Need help! I will be wearing these out in public hooked up to an iphone, no amp. 

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 24
will do? If they are just on par with the beats, id rather pay (actually around $60) more for the beats.  Im looking for cans that are stylish and make beats look like skullcandy earbuds

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #8 of 24
If you are that concerned about your appearance just buy something that is bling and go on with yourself and blend in with the flock. If you have any consideration for music sound quality nobody should have to convince you to not buy Beats. It should be a no-brainer.

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #9 of 24
Beats are terrible sounding compared to headphones people will mention here. Don't let you friends make you think otherwise by saying "They have great bass bro". Get something else that has been suggested and make their draws jop. If you think Beats look good, and that's important, maybe some SRH 840's? 

DON'T BE ONE OF THE SHEEPLE

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #11 of 24
They are good, and I suppose they look good, but they won't sound the best in that price range. (Not bad though)

Some reviews if you feel like reading

ATH-M50 will beat the Beats at about $120, just so you know, they're probably a great starting point so you don't have to spend too much money finding out what you like an don't like.

What kinds of music do you like? That's very important information.

(MaxMusic, that wasn't very nice either...)

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #13 of 24
Please sir, take a look at the Grado Prestige line. Some fantastic headphones fill that list

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #14 of 24
Audio-Technica also makes some pretty sleek portables... the ESW9A and ES7 come to mind... I haven't personally heard them, but I've heard they have good sound and they look really good

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #15 of 24

Quote:
oh and Kibble your a prime example of why people think this community is full of assholes. If you think that I dont know how overpriced beats, skullcandy, and bose are for their obvious lack of quality, you must truly think i'm an idiot. For the sake of people here who actually care about getting more people (like me) to enjoy a higher quality of sound, you should really watch the crap you put out. 

I believe he (Kibble) was just trying to have a little fun. He probably did it not trying to fool you into thinking those are great choices but rather suggest headphones that are such obvious pieces of junk that you would get the joke. Apparently you thought he was trying to be mean and actually convince you to buy the fore mentioned junk. I got the joke and I bet most others did as well. Doesn't seem like you did though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back