3 year itch - Westone 3 vs <something else>?
May 22, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #31 of 39
Thought about going with Cosmic Ears for a reshell if you are not going to do the extra driver? £125 and eu based so no taxes or import duty's.

May 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #34 of 39
Custom Art...not sure.  I'm seriously thinking about Cosmic Ears now, turn around time is quite short. The horror stories i've read on the UM Merlin thread, regarding customer service doesn't sound good.

May 24, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #36 of 39
Hi

CE are in the process of setting up a new lab in the uk atm.  As a result e-mails are not replied to as quickly as they normally are when things are running well.  Could try posting on the facebook page or asking in the main ce thread where Phil (CE CEO) sometimes posts.

As a rule the reshells are £125 plus delivery. 

May 24, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #37 of 39
thanks, i had heard about a new lab though wasnt sure if it was just rumour.

£125 plus delivery i also saw, however i'm looking at the smoke with steamjunk and pre-fit.  that bumps the price up to nearly £200.

Wasn't sure what the difference between comfort and maximum was.  I wear them a lot during the day and but i don't want falling out or having air gaps nor do i want my ears to hurt after an hour.

Also the T2 cable differences between: music, vocal and BaX.

May 24, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #38 of 39
  thanks, i had heard about a new lab though wasnt sure if it was just rumour.

£125 plus delivery i also saw, however i'm looking at the smoke with steamjunk and pre-fit.  that bumps the price up to nearly £200.

Wasn't sure what the difference between comfort and maximum was.  I wear them a lot during the day and but i don't want falling out or having air gaps nor do i want my ears to hurt after an hour.

Also the T2 cable differences between: music, vocal and BaX.

There's a review of the new cable on the front page.  BAX seems to be the best for general purpose listening from what I gather.

Comfort and Maximum are the lengths of the canal piece or how deep it fits.  Phil as a rule (not that I would presume to speak for them!) generally recommends comfort for long term listening and maximum for musicians.  I can concur that a deep fit is very deep.

With prefit it's down to personal choice.  You do get a discount of £20 if you place the order though.  This is more for if you are not sure on how customs will fit and can indicate on the pre built shell any issues.  This can in theory cut down on the sometimes necessary refits.

With steamjunk and smoke options that's obviously down to choice.  Whilst they do look nice if you like that sort of thing, bear in mind that 90% of the time they will be in your ears where you won't be able to see them anyway!

If you are not in a hurry it might be worth waiting to see what the options are like once the new website goes live.  We are at that awkward point where we all want to order stuff but best to wait to see what's round the corner.  In theory having the new lab in the uk should speed things up considerably.  It might still be as quick as if you went with um anyway!

Any other questions let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back