3 to 5 years then well goodbye
Jun 24, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #18 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marados /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just when the caterpiller thought the world couldn't get any worse, he became a butterfly.

My thoughts shall be with you, sir.

There's something spiritual about relating that to mankind.

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #20 of 107
Leaky valves can be repaired. Drugs , proper excersise and diet will afford you a long life ahead.
You have to stay positive, and do all you can to overcome. It has been done, and can be done. I send you my best wishes for good health.

STAY POSITIVE !!

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #21 of 107
That is a very scary diagnosis. I hope they do as well for you as they did for my Grandmother. She was having very similar issues, and they went in and did the heart valve repair. The effect was miraculous. They do things like this all the time, and will do their very best for you. Listen to the physical therapists and do the exercises!

Best of luck, and we're all here hoping for you.

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #22 of 107
Like a lot of people have already said STAY POSITIVE! It will help you through so much. My prayers are with you.

Jun 24, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #23 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marados /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a religious man, sir, so I will not pray for you.

I will do my equivelent, however, and hope in your name that everything goes smoothely. Don't give up hope: Just when the caterpiller thought the world couldn't get any worse, he became a butterfly.

My thoughts shall be with you, sir.

Ignore the hippy. You have my prayers.

Jun 24, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #24 of 107
It's stories like this which make me stop thinking, jabbering, worrying or complaining about the comparitively insignificant hurdles that I may be facing....you are in my thoughts and I wish you only the best. And remember....attitude determines altitude.

X

Jun 24, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #27 of 107
Sorry to hear! Hope everything turns out fine in the end

Jun 24, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #29 of 107
If I am not mistaken you have an enlarged heart and congestive heart failure. They call fluid in the lungs, congestive heart failure. Lasix reduces the fluid in the lungs and reduces stress on the heart. I hope that lasix and dietary control wiil give you the time needed to gain access to the proper surgery.
Your fellow head-fiers are pulling for you!
Take care of yourself!

Jun 24, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #30 of 107
New valve, eh? Upgraditius?

My daughter had major heart surgery when she was one month old and there is nothing to say to make that easy. We were lucky enough to be at Stanford Hospital and one of the doctor's said, "look, I know this doesn't make it much easier for you to go through but these are kind of like knee surgeries for us now."

He was right, it didn't help at first. But then I saw all of the people coming in on Life Flight helicopters in plastic tubes on the brink of death. They all seemed to make it into the recovery room and during the week we were in the hospital, we saw quite a few of them up and about.

There is nothing to say to make it much easier as a patient, but the conditions that doctors can repair now are staggering. Check my avatar to see my daughter's current attitude toward heart problems . . . then adopt said attitude ASAP.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back