3 to 5 years then well goodbye
Jun 24, 2007 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I whent to my new heart doctor FRI morning and her told me that my heart is twice as big as a normal heart and that my main valve is leaking real bad. I need open heart surgery but first I need to go to a specalist to see if my breathing (lungs) can take a operation of such size. If I can't or dont get it I will have 3 to 5 years to live. Bummer. I see the lung specalist JULY 5.

Jun 24, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 107
oh man... that really sucks. I really hope you will be able to have that surgery and everything will be all right!
Most importantly, don't give up hope.

Jun 24, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #8 of 107
Oh man, that really stinks.
frown.gif

I really hope everything works out and you get your health back. Wish you best of luck

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #9 of 107
Is the short lifespan from the leaky valve or your heart being oversized? I would think a double sized heart = massive amount of activity before it's even starts to get stressed. Can you imagine, running a marathon and having a slower heart rate, lol.

I know that isn't the case, but it sounds cool...or, are you actually able to have more strenuous activities with less strain on the heart than most people?

Sorry to hear about the whole situation though...I would crap my pants if I got that news. Best of luck man!

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #10 of 107
Wish you and your family the best.

Good luck with everything sir.

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #12 of 107
The doctor said my heart will keep getting bigger and the leaking will get worst till my heart will be of no value to me and my lungs will full with fluid and I will drown. Death will be from heart failer.

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #13 of 107
I'm not a religious man, sir, so I will not pray for you.

I will do my equivelent, however, and hope in your name that everything goes smoothely. Don't give up hope: Just when the caterpiller thought the world couldn't get any worse, he became a butterfly.

My thoughts shall be with you, sir.

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #14 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The doctor said my heart will keep getting bigger and the leaking will get worst till my heart will be of no value to me and my lungs will full with fluid and I will drown. Death will be from heart failer.

How exactly does your heart enlarge? and keep enlarging for that matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back