3/31/12 CanFEST III Headphone Event-Charlotte, NC with Turntable and Vinyl Show
Mar 17, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #184 of 238
Really looking forward to listening to all of these great amps to help me decide which I want to buy for my K702's! 

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #185 of 238
Final numbers are now coming in. We should have a total of 82 tables of which 60 are vinyl/CD vendor related and 22 audio/headphone related.
As mentioned previously space is available for anyone wanting to bring their own gear in both the main ballroom and the smaller more intimate private room which will host six tables. We have arranged to have someone in charge of the smaller separate room so if participants have equipment in that room and want to leave to check out all the stuff in the big room, or attend the auction at 11AM for some nice goodies, they can do so knowing that a fellow Head-FIer is watching their gear.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #186 of 238
Ooooo... What's going up for auction? :D

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #187 of 238
Auction items so far include:

Grado GR8 IEM----Kindly donated by Grado Labs $299 Value
Grado GR10 IEM--Kindly donated by Grado Labs $399 Value
Ray Samuels Headphone Amp-Kindly donated by Ray and model to be announced later
Sealed Original Mobile Fidelity LPs, UHQRs, and CDs
More stuff to follow

We are planning the auction to be around 11am.

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #192 of 238
Greg has been terrific to work with. He is putting together the vinyl side of the event. We seem to have a great synergy by combining the two shows as they compliment one another. This is a wonderful opportunity to have a great foundation on which to build larger shows in the future. One has to start somewhere and with the anticipated attendance of several hundred people it has a great beginning thanks to those who support our efforts both by attending and exhibiting.

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #194 of 238
I'd like to officially confirm my attendance.  Is there still any table space left for non-vendors?  If so, i'd like to request half a table.  I'll be bringing the following items:

-LCD-2 Rev. 1 with balanced ALO chainmail cable
     -Audio-GD NFB-1 (Sabre32 DAC version)
     -M2tech Hiface EVO
     -Schiit Lyr
     -Firestone Audio Cute Beyond + Supplier
     -Musical Fidelity V-DAC

The latter two won't be actively used in my setup and will be available if anyone want's to test them in their setup.  Since selling/trading will not be frowned upon there, I will likely be willing to accept offers for sale/trade on all except the Hiface EVO  I'm hoping to try out some of the other flagship headphones to replace the LCD-2.  I love the LCD-2 but I'm really craving something more comfortable with better soundstage and imaging without sacrificing too much bass and midrange tone. T1 perhaps?  Guess I'll just have to listen and find out.  

I also noticed the Fostex HP-A8 under the Moon Audio section on the first page.  I was just wondering the other day if you all were going to be selling that but I guess that answers my question
bigsmile_face.gif
.  I like the idea of moving to a decent all-in-one but I tried the Burson all-in-one at my last meet and wasn't too fond of the sound with my LCD-2.  Everything seemed too rounded off for my tastes.  Regardless, I'm super excited about this meet, nearly everything I wanna hear in one place.  Only things missing on my list are the HD-700 and the new NAD M51 DAC.  Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #195 of 238
Head-FI Member Table Space

If you're bringing gear to set up in the Members room, how much table space will you need? A table is 8ft. long. Shoot me a PM as soon as you determine your needs.
Show management (Danny) wants to be certain everyone is accommodated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back