3/31/12 CanFEST III Headphone Event-Charlotte, NC with Turntable and Vinyl Show
Mar 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #153 of 238
Regarding turntables, I talked with my counterpart who is running the vinyl show and he stated that several of his vendors will be bringing turntables. How that will mesh with us is unknown but some of them may let us use their TT with the higher end equipment that will be there. I guess part of the fun will be to see what happens in regards to this at the actual event. Regardless, we have other source options in addition to our own private room for listening if we desire.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #154 of 238
Looks like Greg and the record show people are making a huge deal out of this. Their booths are sold out. Anybody on headfi that are even remotely interested in vinyl needs to make this one. Looks like they havent forgotten the digital crowd either.

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #155 of 238
How many non members of the trade would like table space?
Also, do you want space in the main room or the smaller more intimate and private room? There is, of course, no charge. Getting an idea of who wants what will help in making the final arrangements. Finally, please remember to bring some extension cords and power strips if possible.
Thank you,
Danny
Event Organizer

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #156 of 238

Quote:
How many non members of the trade would like table space?
Also, do you want space in the main room or the smaller more intimate and private room? There is, of course, no charge. Getting an idea of who wants what will help in making the final arrangements. Finally, please remember to bring some extension cords and power strips if possible.
Thank you,
Danny
Event Organizer

I would, I'm planning on bringing my setup (if anyone's interested in hearing the Bifrost).

I'd probably go for the smaller room, but it doesn't really matter much to me either way.

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #157 of 238
Hello everyone,

I'm planning on coming as well.  I'm going to at least bring my Rev. 1 LCD-2 with balanced ALO cable and maybe my K701.  I can bring any of the other gear on my profile as well if anyone is interested in hearing a particular piece. Only other notable gear though is the NFB-1 DAC and Schiit Lyr.  If there is an excess of table space I can bring my full setup anyone is interested.

Also a question for Drew,

I noticed that Moon Audio now has the Bryston headphone amp listed as preorder shipping at the end of march.  If you happen to receive one by the end of the month would it be a possibility to bring one along?  This amp is definitely at the top of my want-to-hear list right now.   I'm surprised there's not more buzz about it around here.

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #159 of 238
It will be there:) With a PS Audio PWD MKiii. Add that to list Danny Boy:0

Quote:
I noticed that Moon Audio now has the Bryston headphone amp listed as preorder shipping at the end of march.  If you happen to receive one by the end of the month would it be a possibility to bring one along?  This amp is definitely at the top of my want-to-hear list right now.   I'm surprised there's not more buzz about it around here.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 8, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #161 of 238
Request for photographers.
It would be helpful if those who have cameras would bring them to take some pics to post on the "Impressions" forum after the meet.
Thank you,
DB

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #162 of 238
I'll bring my camera. Maybe we can take turns doing photos. In addition I'll be bringing my Apache, and probably my laptop and DAC for digital stuff.  Guess the question is, are there any particular albums anyone is wanting to compare to digitial? I'll email you a list Danny. For some reason I can't attach a file.I don't have everything on here but will update when I can.

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #165 of 238
Not sure I understand it all.

I have a upgraded Rega 5 that sounds OK.  We all know to really hear it, you have to come hear it where my junk is.
We can do that if any here are up to a few days in the woods.  That would be fun for me.
I got some good audio  junk here,  and we can go fishing if all else fails as I live on a lake.
My point is that excellent sound is a hobby, but entertaining tunes are more fun.

No way I could take the Rega and the support it requires for one day ->  hell I hope to be drunk and visiting yall!
Analog is special.

I am better than OK with digital playback and could set up an entertaining example of that in my room.
I think I could impress some and answer most questions.  I am not an expert, but we could have fun discussing it as a diversion to analog.

I don't know the rules here, but this is not spam - nothing can  be bought from me.  You can buy me a beer.

I have an old blog ( I am a damn good gardener) and a new general forum -  yardcraphome.com

Let me know if an in room computer tune thing thing would be fun for some.

AO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back