2nd Gen Touch Worth it?
Oct 5, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 15
Probably not for a first gen owner. Maybe it would be better to know why you're even considering it?

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 15
I own a first gen Touch and I'm probably going to get a second gen one. I'm pretty sure they'll develope a jailbreak for it soon enough.

Speaker and external volume rocker are very useful, longer battery life is even more useful.

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #5 of 15
i had the first and now have the 2nd. i sold the other and bought this wondering the same thing. the answer from me is an unequivocal 'yes'. the volume rocker is a huge boon as well as "no hiss" from the hp out even with my Ck-10 AT and victor fx500 phones which are rather sensitive. um2 owners might hear soemthing but this badboy is silent. also, the bottom end is very sharp, no longer rolled off or at least, very detailed.

love it to pieces.

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 15
if you enjoy touch screen DAP's, portable wi-fi, downloadable hand held games, and fun music playback, the ipod touch is right for you. If you'd like the best battery life and an external volume control, BUY ONE NOW!

Oct 5, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had the first and now have the 2nd. i sold the other and bought this wondering the same thing. the answer from me is an unequivocal 'yes'. the volume rocker is a huge boon as well as "no hiss" from the hp out even with my Ck-10 AT and victor fx500 phones which are rather sensitive. um2 owners might hear soemthing but this badboy is silent. also, the bottom end is very sharp, no longer rolled off or at least, very detailed.

love it to pieces.

The hiss is barely noticeable in quiet passages, but that's about it. Extremely quiet especially with the UM2s.

Oct 5, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #9 of 15
Hi, I'm in the same boat. I got the 1st geneneration 8gb iPod touch when it launched last year. 8gb's just aren't enough for me. Should I just sell my current one and pick up a cheap 1st gen 16 gb, or is the 2nd gen vastly superior and worth the extra money?

Thanks.

Oct 6, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #10 of 15
I'm w/shigzeo & thatwunguy on this - all ll the added features, the SQ improvement, the added battery life = YES!!!! Sell your present player and get the 2G - it really is worth it.

Oct 6, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #11 of 15
X2 , the back is stainless steel and doesn't mark as easy as the chrome. Battery life and sound are major improvements, plus it's even thinner. I had the first and loved it, but the second one is just perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back