2nd (and last) try: Sennheiser or JVC?
Jul 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

marcmart94

New Head-Fier
I posted a thread about choosing between the Sennheiser HD 419 and the JVC HARX700. I'm online shopping for some headphones and I've boiled my choices down to these two. My bugdet is about $45 (which I realize is cheap budget for headphones, but I'm not an audiophile nor an expert on sound in any sense of the word; I do appreciate good sound though). My music tastes are mostly alternative rock and folk rock, with some other genres mixed in between. The music I listen to usually does not have much bass. My previous pair of headphones were the Senn hd 202, and before that, just run of the mill Apple earbuds. I don't plan to use the headphones for outside much, probably just for my laptop or mp3 player at home.

So my question is: which is the better headphones, the senn hd 419 or jvc harx700? Any help would be greatly appreciated! (and btw I did post a 1st thread on this same topic, but only got one reply leaning me toward the jvc, and i wanted to see more opinions)

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 7
Sennheiser makes great headphones. JVC makes a range of audio and video equipment. I would rather trust Sennheiser to produce the better result based on their specialized experience.

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 7
I have the sennheiser 428. At first it was nothing impressive but with a better source I realized it had near studio quality sound.
The 419 *should* be just as good. Try and look online to see if there are any mods that increase the sound quality of these because I think they have a huge potential.

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 7
If you are not able to audition them I'd choose the safest road, get the JVCs.
Lots of positive reviews here at head-fi and Amazon.com as-well.

Jul 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 7
Now I'm actually looking at a pair of refurbished senn hd 428, now Im choosing between them and the harx700. Being so that I owned a pair of senn before, I'm leaning toward the hd 428 (though I am a little hesitant being so that they are refurbished).

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 7
I personally wouldn't but that's a build quality issue with me. I got my pair for 30 bucks and it was my first pair of over ears. I honestly wasn't too impressed until I got a better source. Beware of the cable, try to rewire if you can not to change the sound quality or anything like that but...to make sure it just doesn't snap or anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back