~$25K Home Audio Setup
Aug 15, 2020 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Blaze182

Head-Fier
Hello everyone.

I've recently relocated for work (thanks to COVID) and have a new home to furnish.

I wanted to ask if people could share some of their audio setups for home cinema or living rooms to the value of approx. $25k. (This is about my limit right now, if it comes in lower - great! If there is a crazy nice solution for more money, also suggest - I'm always open to the upsell).

Thank you =]

Aug 15, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 8
Aug 16, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 8
Thank you very much for the link. I will go through (with a lot of time).

What further info can I provide to help?

At the moment, I've been looking at the BeoLab 50's/90's or Wilson Audio Sabrina. Unfortunately, I don't have many opportunities to listen and compare though.

I guess, function-wise, at this price point, everything should work fairly good. I do enjoy deep bass for cinematics though.. do the speakers above have good enough bass? Should they be paired with a woofer like Thor's Hammer?

Aug 16, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #6 of 8
Thank you very much for the link. I will go through (with a lot of time).

What further info can I provide to help?

At the moment, I've been looking at the BeoLab 50's/90's or Wilson Audio Sabrina. Unfortunately, I don't have many opportunities to listen and compare though.

I guess, function-wise, at this price point, everything should work fairly good. I do enjoy deep bass for cinematics though.. do the speakers above have good enough bass? Should they be paired with a woofer like Thor's Hammer?

Since you mentioned HT I wasn't sure how you wanted to divide your system. For example AV receivers support 5 or 7 channels and have tons of power but they're usually not considered audiophile devices. A lot of guys have a 2 channel system with full range tower speakers, but the HT crowd usually goes for one or more subs along with smaller speakers. I think @koven suggestion to check with maybe a more relevant forum is good, but some of those forums are not very helpful. Probably still worth saying more about your ideal setup and reviewing the threads here for ideas and setups that might be what you want.

Aug 16, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 8
Yes, this is something I had been trying to evaluate myself.

I think it would be nicest to have best of both worlds - a powerful 2.0 or 2.1 setup to flank the screen (either an 8K Samsung or 8K projector if there exists any). This would be used daily; the surround system, not as often - at best, once per week, more than likely a couple times per month. So I get more value from a good quality 2.0/2.1.

For the 5.+, I could have 3 speakers to the rear, of lower output and smaller form; something like WA Alida, or B&O pencils. The room is approx 150sqm in size, and a near perfect square, save for a fireplace in the middle of 1 wall. A 7.1 or 7.2 wouldn't be necessary for the room, as placement could be awkward, considering furniture/doors.

I unfortunately am quite new, and don't know what is good/bad in market, but I will continue to research.

Aug 16, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #8 of 8
I'm sorry I can't help much with this other than noting it helps to be able to tell people what you're trying to accomplish. There is tons of knowledge here, somebody will eventually be able to answer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back