240GB drive for iMod - Please say this will work!
Mar 5, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #91 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like 1TB on MP3 player so I can store entire music collection as lossless, and don't need to constantly delete and copy data to it. Also useful as another backup copy of music collection.

HDD will die but you never know when? backup must......!

Mar 6, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #93 of 195
Quote:

"Another backup copy" implies that I have a backup copy which I do. Thus another, is well another one..

how many CD-R?
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #94 of 195
I'd also love a 1TB drive on a DAP. I find it very dis heartening that newer DAP'S are getting smaller and smaller on storage. It is almost within reach to have a great Sounding DAP that you can store your entire CD collection in a lossless format.

Why are they going backwards on storage space?

Mar 6, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #95 of 195
Quote:

Why are they going backwards on storage space?

Most likely because people don't treat DAP's carefully so hard disc based ones were probably being returned. Also I guess flash is cheaper to produce, and smaller. My H140 looks like a brick compared to itouch.

Mar 7, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #96 of 195
Quote:

Most likely because people don't treat DAP's carefully so hard disc based ones were probably being returned. Also I guess flash is cheaper to produce, and smaller. My H140 looks like a brick compared to itouch.

I think it's just their catering to their client base. The only reason these 120GB units are even in existence, imo, is because of video, not music. Most users would not be able to fill up the drives with just music (assuming they cannot be used as a UMS device).

(Yes, I would be able to fill it with music, as would many people in this forum. But I think we are the minority).

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #97 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had one on order for a while, will be going into a RWQ iMod. Should have it soon. I'll report back when I do.

OK, it's here and it works fine. Originally 80GB 5.5 refurbed by rapidrepair with the 240GB drive installled, modded by Vinnie. Got it yesterday, put nearly 100GB on it last night, all good.

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #98 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, it's here and it works fine. Originally 80GB 5.5 refurbed by rapidrepair with the 240GB drive installled, modded by Vinnie. Got it yesterday, put nearly 100GB on it last night, all good.

Good to hear, hope you're enjoying it... how's the battery life and the general speed/responsiveness of the player?

Mar 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #99 of 195
I got emails back from Rapid Repair saying the 240GB drive will not work in the Zune30. They didn't tell me why it wouldn't work just they tried and it was not compatible.

I'd still like to know what prevents this from working in a Zune 30, same connection type, similar form factor, the zune30 can read dual platter drives.

What would prevent it from working?

Mar 11, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #103 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelousmarvyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the 240gb hard drive was too thick for the 30gig zune???

If you take the zune30's drive cage out there should be plenty of room for the 240GB drive. I just don't see why it won't work but do not want to blow 300$ to find out.

Mar 11, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #104 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to hear, hope you're enjoying it... how's the battery life and the general speed/responsiveness of the player?

Responsiveness is fine, no hitches. I haven't got enough time on it to be sure, but battery life is no worse and I think may actually be better. This looks like a very efficient drive, so that's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back