$23 speakers at Best Buy that measure well and sound good
Jan 8, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #466 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To those who purchased the Sanus BF24B stands from K-mart: are they sold individually or as a pair for that $30 pricetag?

Pair (good question though).

Jan 31, 2007 at 9:38 AM Post #468 of 473
That would be great if we only knew how he acquired that crossover.

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #471 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch, there goes my cheap speaker recommendation. At $80 I say save your money up for something else.

I know it's not nearly as good a deal but are these not worth even $72 a pair?

Feb 1, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #472 of 473
^i'm sure they are still good speakers for $80 a pair, but i too will wait for the price to drop below (at least <$50) before i buy them! pairing them up with a t-amp would be nice too.

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #473 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^i'm sure they are still good speakers for $80 a pair, but i too will wait for the price to drop below (at least <$50) before i buy them! pairing them up with a t-amp would be nice too.

It has been suggested that the parts used to make these speakers might cost more than $35 for the pair. In fact, I just found out recently (from a friend of mine who's an employee at Best Buy) that the invoice BB paid for these speakers are actually slightly less than $30 (BB employees can purchase them for $31 a pair, that's 105% invoice). So, yes, even at $35 BB was making a healthy margin (~20%) on these speakers. Moral of the story? Hold out for a price drop!

cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back