[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 3, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #6,871 of 7,442
yes, the M+ poison is starting for you. We here are so used to the poison that when another color comes out, we just automatically buy it :D

..................and welcome to Head-Fi.........sorry about your wallet :rolleyes:

My wallet. Lol!
When I'm tired and thinking cold
I hide in my music, forget the day
And dream of a girl I used to know
I closed my eyes and she slipped away
She slipped away... Like my right earbud! I dont know whats up with my right ear, but it tends to fall out of place more often. Would the earhooks fix this? Can i use the hooks with thin foams?

Btw, for me the coffee monk plus is just too sexy. :* :* :*

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #6,873 of 7,442

Understood, yea I meant maybe the tuning of the drivers might potentially be off or something as mine sound fine, I find it extremely hard to believe that a pair with proper working drivers would sound awful compared to the regular MPs.

I contacted customer service but Lee basically told me to go screw myself. Lee is probably the least ethical merchant in the world of audio electronics. 

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #6,874 of 7,442

Understood, yea I meant maybe the tuning of the drivers might potentially be off or something as mine sound fine, I find it extremely hard to believe that a pair with proper working drivers would sound awful compared to the regular MPs.

I contacted customer service but Lee basically told me to go screw myself. Lee is probably the least ethical merchant in the world of audio electronics. 

How long did you wait after receipt before contacting Lee?

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #6,875 of 7,442
I broke my Asura 2.0 - my own fault, crushed it under foot by accident - I told Lee and after showing photos to prove it was broken he hooked me up. This was like 8 months after i bought that asura 2 and he was only willing to replace it that far out cause i bought it directly from them and didn't try to hide that I broke it myself. (I made him a video of me destroying them with a blowtorch anyway) 

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #6,878 of 7,442
   I contacted him right off. 

yeah you're not well known enough or have over 2K post like Vapman on these forums so You're  gonna have to suck it up. 
popcorn.gif

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #6,880 of 7,442

yeah you're not well known enough or have over 2K post like Vapman on these forums so You're  gonna have to suck it up. 
popcorn.gif

that is NOT why i got help, and it is not your place to tell him to suck it up. how can you compare replacing a destroyed earbud to not liking the sound of a bud?

I personally think Lee puts a personal touch in his work.  I had an issue with a Monk not being delivered by USPS for some unknown reason and eventually making it's way back to Lee.  He instead just sent it to me with my next order without me knowing, so I had a good laugh when I opened up my Candy Monk.

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #6,882 of 7,442
How durable is ve monk plus in term of built quality? And How long it will lasted since it use plastic materials.

I've been throwing mine in my pockets and in bags and they are still going. Hell, I gave my sister a pair and they've gone through washes numerous times and they are still going. I think most cheap earbuds break from the cable splaying at connection points, you don't have to worry with the monks since they use a lower gauge wire than most cheap earbuds and the cable is quite flexible too.

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #6,883 of 7,442
   I contacted him right off. 

i also had an issue with getting a pair of monk plus with badly molded plastic and was basically blown off after a back and forth exchange. I even sent photos he tried telling me that's the way they are supposed to be (the ventilation holes were filled in on one side and both sides were marked 'L'). Im holding back from writing more for the sake of civility. I do think some people in this thread may be interested in another thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/812853/absolute-best-budget-earbuds/

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #6,884 of 7,442
i also had an issue with getting a pair of monk plus with badly molded plastic and was basically blown off after a back and forth exchange. I even sent photos he tried telling me that's the way they are supposed to be (the ventilation holes were filled in on one side and both sides were marked 'L'). Im holding back from writing more for the sake of civility. I do think some people in this thread may be interested in another thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/812853/absolute-best-budget-earbuds/

Did he give you an option to return first or other solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back