[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Feb 22, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #6,842 of 7,442
 you would need to re-cable them. Not a whole lot of earbuds are balanced either 2.5 or 3.5, one of the things that makes the MP unique. 

Love doing that 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #6,843 of 7,442
  I bought a pair of Monk+ and immediately ordered three more, I think they are great. But then I bought the TY Hi-Z HP32 which look and cost similar, and wow! Real bass! I ordered three more...

Thanks to @Willber and others who suggested the TY Hi-Z HP32 earbuds.  Just gave these a listen tonight and am blown away.  Treble can be a little piercing at times but hoping burn in will change that.  The bass and soundstage are remarkable makes for a very dramatic presentation.  Enjoying them very much and for $7.90 including shipping.  Remarkable in a a very good way.  Thanks again.  

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #6,844 of 7,442
I'll go far and say that Monk/Monk+ are the Sony MDR V6/7506 of the earbud world. :blush:

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #6,847 of 7,442
After watching Lee's live Facebook feeds, I thought he was a cool guy. However, after his comments to me about his slow shipping (to Canada) calling me a 'middle aged white guy' and acting quite angry that I mentioned the shipping was slow. While the banned seller and his other Ali company have quick shipping.

Why get mad at me for mentioning the obvious? Why not look at why other sellers in the same region are faster at shipping
and try and copy what they are doing to make customers happy?

Gee, what a guy. He even told me I shouldn't even bother buying his products anymore.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #6,849 of 7,442
For those who bought the 2.5mm trrs expresso version, what are the the two types of adaptors that they come with? 2.5mm trrs female to 3.5mm se/trrs male right? Just wanna confirm.

Yup I do want to check on this too, as it is still in my Ali cart. I have an Opus #1 that has a 2.5mm TRRS balanced output, I would hope to use the Monk Espresso with my other DAPs that has the standard 3.5mm output, likely with the included adaptor.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #6,850 of 7,442

For those who bought the 2.5mm trrs expresso version, what are the the two types of adaptors that they come with? 2.5mm trrs female to 3.5mm se/trrs male right? Just wanna confirm.

Yup I do want to check on this too, as it is still in my Ali cart. I have an Opus #1 that has a 2.5mm TRRS balanced output, I would hope to use the Monk Espresso with my other DAPs that has the standard 3.5mm output, likely with the included adaptor.

I have received my monk expressos 2.5mm trrs and they do come with two adaptors to work with 3.5mm SE and 3.5mm TRRS

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #6,852 of 7,442
woah, for $10? that is a great deal, might have to get espresso monks just for the adapters...

Nope, the Espresso TRRS version is about $30, but I think it is still a great deal considering you are getting balanced cables off it too!

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #6,853 of 7,442
Espresso 2.5 mm balanced + M1S is at a different level all together !

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #6,855 of 7,442
Got my monk plus from massdrop today. Reviews are accurate, this thing redefines low-cost high quality audio. Doesn't exactly replace my full size rig but for buds these have impressive sound. Amp sensitive,, different results with cmoy, topping, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back