[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Dec 20, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #6,481 of 7,442
I hope it's not against the rules, but I want to share a review that I wrote on another site. It's not aimed at audio gurus, more like to people who like tech in general but don't know anything significant about sound. I did my best to explain everything in simple terms and to express my appreciation of this little wonder :)

http://eve.community/t/ve-monk-the-earbuds-that-flipped-the-world/1497

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #6,482 of 7,442
  I hope it's not against the rules, but I want to share a review that I wrote on another site. It's not aimed at audio gurus, more like to people who like tech in general but don't know anything significant about sound. I did my best to explain everything in simple terms and to express my appreciation of this little wonder :)

http://eve.community/t/ve-monk-the-earbuds-that-flipped-the-world/1497

welcome to head-fi brother~!

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #6,484 of 7,442
The homie Hawaiibadboy video reviewed these bad boys.

I have a set of Phantom Master 4 ( i think that's what PM4 means) on the way on loan from a fellow user and will maybe tour them to another user.
I will let you folks know.

Venture Electronics is a legit company. I will pay for the monks and adapters. All came in a few days.

Cost 5 bucks. Sound great. A Big Mac is more than 5 bucks in Japan.
That's crazy. The dope buds and the Big mac...cray cray

Dec 27, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #6,489 of 7,442
Got my monk plus. I think they are well worth $5, but nothing more. Crappy thin sound if you dont press them against your ears to fake a seal. Kinda detailed, but absolutely no bass presence (and i'm no basshead). Tried every combination of foams w/ and w/o ear hooks. Good to have as spare pieces, but there is way too much hype around this. Also, build quality is horrible. Mine cracked open out of a sudden, had to clip it back on.

If it costed about $20 i'd be very pissed.

cheers

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #6,490 of 7,442
  Got my monk plus. I think they are well worth $5, but nothing more. Crappy thin sound if you dont press them against your ears to fake a seal. Kinda detailed, but absolutely no bass presence (and i'm no basshead). Tried every combination of foams w/ and w/o ear hooks. Good to have as spare pieces, but there is way too much hype around this. Also, build quality is horrible. Mine cracked open out of a sudden, had to clip it back on.

cheers

You, my friend, need the TY HiZ 32Ohm buds, as did I. Spend another five dollars and come back to us then.

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #6,491 of 7,442

cheers

Try playing around with some of the foam covers. They'll provide a seal - and you'll have plenty of bass.

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #6,492 of 7,442

cheers

Wonder if you may have gotten a defective pair - I purchased 3 pairs right at the start during the first MD drop (one for my wife, one for my brother and one for myself), all of which have well over 1500 hours by now I'd guess, and none of them have any build quality issues whatsoever. Neither do any of the other like 10-15~ pairs in different colours and for different people that I've bought since then. I also find the bass to be really quite good for earbuds, it's not super thump-y for obvious reasons and they do sound better if you push them into your ears (or just place them properly whilst sat down, hard on the go) but still back to my initial point, maybe they're defective?

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #6,493 of 7,442

cheers

Wonder if you may have gotten a defective pair - I purchased 3 pairs right at the start during the first MD drop (one for my wife, one for my brother and one for myself), all of which have well over 1500 hours by now I'd guess, and none of them have any build quality issues whatsoever. Neither do any of the other like 10-15~ pairs in different colours and for different people that I've bought since then. I also find the bass to be really quite good for earbuds, it's not super thump-y for obvious reasons and they do sound better if you push them into your ears (or just place them properly whilst sat down, hard on the go) but still back to my initial point, maybe they're defective?

lol 10-15 pairs.... a bit more , u can get ur own temple going...thx for the support man~

Cheers

Lee 

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #6,494 of 7,442
  lol 10-15 pairs.... a bit more , u can get ur own temple going...thx for the support man~

Cheers

Lee 

LOL yea I can build a shrine soon, though I have given many of those away to friends & fam - just waiting on the frosty white and gold ones now! Managed to snag a couple Candy for myself in the latest sale and they took a while to arrive but they finally got it just before Christmas.

Hope you are well Lee!

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #6,495 of 7,442

cheers

well~doesn't matter if they are 5usd or 20usd 
if u got them within 7 days, u can just email me about this 
and we will take care of u, if they are indeed broken or anything.
as for the "cracked open" situation, plz understand it is a long and harsh way across the world from China to wherever u currently are.
but if they sound normal, balanced in both Channel, u can get some kind of super glue to easily to them back together, that would be ur easiest fix, but if they indeed sound wrong (like not balanced from both channels , then they are damaged during shipping for sure)

even they are in the perfect working condition, like any earphone, some just do not fit ur ears.
it happens to everybody~in that case, u can give them away to anybody who can enjoy them.
if u are a super basshead, u should not even be using earbuds, they will not provide u the kind of bass that u r talking about.
u should instead buy iems , as iems will provide u better seal therefore better bass.
anybody who are trying to tell u the earbuds can get u deeper and more bass than IEMs are out of their minds.
earbuds are more like the open cans, and iems are more like the close ones.
earbuds supposed to be more relaxed sounding with a more realistic sound stage along with other stuff, but the bass impact is not part of the bargain.

i hope this can be helpful to ur questions

Cheers

Lee

p.s. I have seen a lot of our fans over-hyping them, I had always try to tell ppl , do not say that the monk is better than stuff like hd600....it will just make our clan look bad in general....the monk plus is great as a earbud if u are looking for a earbud like experience, but from what u r posting, I will suggest that u stick with iems and closed cans if u wanna really really tight and deep bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back