[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Dec 27, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #6,496 of 7,442

lol 10-15 pairs.... a bit more , u can get ur own temple going...thx for the support man~

Cheers

Lee 

LOL yea I can build a shrine soon, though I have given many of those away to friends & fam - just waiting on the frosty white and gold ones now! Managed to snag a couple Candy for myself in the latest sale and they took a while to arrive but they finally got it just before Christmas.

Hope you are well Lee!

WoW, congrat on the Candy man~

I hoped to give everybody a chance to get them.

and I did try very very hard, but for some unlucky ones, all I can do is to apologize.

As I had decided the last drop was going to be final lol, as it is not something everybody can have.

as for ur question, I had a pretty ****ty start of the day...

I found some guy selling some ****ty power cables for 1500usd, and I only said that , if he wanna charge that much ,he should state what kind of wire he is using.

and the reply i got is that, everybody in hi-fi business are over charging, and I am trying to get some PR for myself.

It is particular hard for me to say anything these days as one of the audio nuts, and being a brand owner makes an easy target for any kind of stupid personal attacks~

KK is right to tell me that, I have nothing to gain, by this argument and down-leveling our status as a brand. 

the argument was not fruitful and a real waste of my energies, so I might just stop talking to ppl outside of my own groups,

u know where I can just remove and ban ppl I can't stand lol

but the day is not all bad, I bought my first VR thingy (sort of like a premium google cardboard), so finally a way to do some light workout at home lol.

And if it is fun , I will buy some dedicated gears for them, holo suite might be decades in the future, but I would love to get my first taste of the next best thing ASAP lol

Cheers

Lee 

p.s. happy holidays to all our clansmen and fans~like always, A lot of Thanks to our clansmen for the support, we won't be able to do what we are doing without you guys, and that is all the reason why we would always try our best to get the best toys going for our clan, you would love what we are preparing for u in the coming 2017, which sadly I can't say anything at the moment (trust me it hurts me as much if not more than u that I can't talk about it at all lol) 

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #6,497 of 7,442

p.s. happy holidays to all our clansmen and fans~like always, A lot of Thanks to our clansmen for the support, we won't be able to do what we are doing without you guys, and that is all the reason why we would always try our best to get the best toys going for our clan, you would love what we are preparing for u in the coming 2017, which sadly I can't say anything at the moment (trust me it hurts me as much if not more than u that I can't talk about it at all lol) 

Wooow 2017 will be Nirvana-esque! 
biggrin.gif
popcorn.gif

Happy holidays Lee !
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #6,498 of 7,442

well~doesn't matter if they are 5usd or 20usd 
if u got them within 7 days, u can just email me about this 
and we will take care of u, if they are indeed broken or anything.
as for the "cracked open" situation, plz understand it is a long and harsh way across the world from China to wherever u currently are.
but if they sound normal, balanced in both Channel, u can get some kind of super glue to easily to them back together, that would be ur easiest fix, but if they indeed sound wrong (like not balanced from both channels , then they are damaged during shipping for sure)

even they are in the perfect working condition, like any earphone, some just do not fit ur ears.
it happens to everybody~in that case, u can give them away to anybody who can enjoy them.
if u are a super basshead, u should not even be using earbuds, they will not provide u the kind of bass that u r talking about.
u should instead buy iems , as iems will provide u better seal therefore better bass.
anybody who are trying to tell u the earbuds can get u deeper and more bass than IEMs are out of their minds.
earbuds are more like the open cans, and iems are more like the close ones.
earbuds supposed to be more relaxed sounding with a more realistic sound stage along with other stuff, but the bass impact is not part of the bargain.

i hope this can be helpful to ur questions

Cheers

Lee

p.s. I have seen a lot of our fans over-hyping them, I had always try to tell ppl , do not say that the monk is better than stuff like hd600....it will just make our clan look bad in general....the monk plus is great as a earbud if u are looking for a earbud like experience, but from what u r posting, I will suggest that u stick with iems and closed cans if u wanna really really tight and deep bass.

Lee, thank you very much for your input.

First off, I'm very sorry for the harsh words. Not in a good mood today.

I don't think they are defective regarding the sound (channel balance, driver defects, etc). But both my pieces opened up when I was fiddling with the foams. And I swear to you that I don't apply too much force or anything. Anyway, I have another pair coming around soon, as I purchased an extra one for a friend. I will compare them and check if there is a significative difference.

I agree that earbuds are very fit dependent, and that will vary a lot depending on the shape of the ear. Maybe they are just not for me! I can tune them to my liking by bumping 30 and 60hz using EQ. Maybe I'm not used to the more spatious sound of earbuds. Will try different foam combinations, tho.

Regarding the hype, I think that is the main reason I was dissatisfied. It's a very good sounding piece for $5, but people really overhype them! It's very nice to see that even you state that.

Thank you again for the response. Will report again soon.

Flavio

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #6,500 of 7,442
Try playing around with some of the foam covers. They'll provide a seal - and you'll have plenty of bass.

@FlavioWolff pay attention to this suggestion. Some serious bassheads such as myself love the Monk over TY 32 and other buds. Have you tried EQ at all? I know a lot of people here despise even the thought of EQ for some reason... but if it gets you a sound you like, what's wrong with it? And yes, my monk ALWAYS gets at least +4db bass boost.

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #6,501 of 7,442
The hype for all things in this hobby is strong. Bottom line for $5 or $10 or even $20 usd it's really hard to find a more "competent" bud. I have quite a few and have given a  few away as well. Never had an issue but maybe I'm lucky or maybe Miss Peach just packs mine nicely or gets a kick out of thinking how hard it is for my old arthritic hands to open anything. There are times when I'd rather listen to an IEM for more isolation or at home listen to my HD650's. But on the go and at work it's 90% of time an MP of some sort. Just kick back and enjoy your music and try not to over think what they are. 

Hope the holidays were great for everyone!

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #6,502 of 7,442
  @FlavioWolff pay attention to this suggestion. Some serious bassheads such as myself love the Monk over TY 32 and other buds. Have you tried EQ at all? I know a lot of people here despise even the thought of EQ for some reason... but if it gets you a sound you like, what's wrong with it? And yes, my monk ALWAYS gets at least +4db bass boost.

Hello.

I will play with the foams some more.

Regarding EQ, I don't have a problem with it using my desktop setup (ATH-ESW9 and Macbook), because this is the only source for that specific headphone. 

As I intended to use the Monks both with my Macbook and with my iPhone, EQing is not as desirable, since I can't reproduce the same settings on both devices. I listen to music through Spotify, and it's EQ is very basic and doesn't do any wonder to the monks (bumping the 60hz area there brings the midbass higher, which makes it bloated.

On the macbook, on the other hand, I can get a really satisfying sound out of it using the eqMac app and bumping 30hz and 60hz +4gb each.

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #6,503 of 7,442

Hello.

I will play with the foams some more.

Regarding EQ, I don't have a problem with it using my desktop setup (ATH-ESW9 and Macbook), because this is the only source for that specific headphone. 

As I intended to use the Monks both with my Macbook and with my iPhone, EQing is not as desirable, since I can't reproduce the same settings on both devices. I listen to music through Spotify, and it's EQ is very basic and doesn't do any wonder to the monks (bumping the 60hz area there brings the midbass higher, which makes it bloated.

On the macbook, on the other hand, I can get a really satisfying sound out of it using the eqMac app and bumping 30hz and 60hz +4gb each.

Try doubling up the foams if you only have the thin foams or a donut and thin foam. They may help the fit and sound for you. 

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #6,504 of 7,442
I was just testing a double foam setup (thick + thin), and out of a sudden my right piece stopped working. It's dead. Guess I have a faulty unit after all.

@Lee, is there a form to ask for another unit? I can ship this one back to you. 

Thanks,
Flavio

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #6,506 of 7,442
Monk+ cannot compete with full size headphones such as HD650, but it sure can compete with and beat most earbuds that cost up to around $30-40. That's pretty good if you ask me!

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #6,507 of 7,442
wonder if anyone would be willing to make a DIY custom using the monk+ and recable 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #6,508 of 7,442
wonder if anyone would be willing to make a DIY custom using the monk+ and recable :veryevil:

Just contact PETEREK at his etsy, and he can hook you up from start to finish! :beerchug:

[rule]

Happy Holidays to those that celebrate!

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #6,509 of 7,442
Will do ASAP thanks 
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #6,510 of 7,442

Users who are viewing this thread

Back