[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Nov 18, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #6,331 of 7,442
Super important question from someone who has bought nearly every model Monk to date (i know, i'll never get the original red lettering one :p )

Royal Purple = Massdrop Blue or are they different colors?

I HATE HATE HATE massdrop and all 3 of my experiences with them have been nothing short of extremely painful. IF they are a different color I'll be begging someone to trade me a Massdrop Blue for a plain or balanced or red or something...

They are different colors. The Massdrop looks slightly translucent-blue. The Purples are GORGEOUS and non-translucent.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #6,333 of 7,442
  Super important question from someone who has bought nearly every model Monk to date (i know, i'll never get the original red lettering one 
tongue.gif
)

Royal Purple = Massdrop Blue or are they different colors?

I HATE HATE HATE massdrop and all 3 of my experiences with them have been nothing short of extremely painful. IF they are a different color I'll be begging someone to trade me a Massdrop Blue for a plain or balanced or red or something...

Well purple and blue are different colours. They're not the same. Not saying you should deal with Massdrop if you absolutely hate them but FWIW I've made over 3 purchases on there every month for like 2 years now and I've had one unpleasant experience thus far so... Maybe if your really want the blues just get them. Chances are you'll not run into trouble in my opinion, but you do you of course.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #6,334 of 7,442

Well purple and blue are different colours. They're not the same. Not saying you should deal with Massdrop if you absolutely hate them but FWIW I've made over 3 purchases on there every month for like 2 years now and I've had one unpleasant experience thus far so... Maybe if your really want the blues just get them. Chances are you'll not run into trouble in my opinion, but you do you of course.

You are completely right. To MD's credit I surprise bought a friend 4 red Monks and they got to him just fine. I am maintaining a personal grudge against MD, but if someone else gets me a set, then what's the difference in the grand scheme of things...
rolleyes.gif

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #6,335 of 7,442
  You are completely right. To MD's credit I surprise bought a friend 4 red Monks and they got to him just fine. I am maintaining a personal grudge against MD, but if someone else gets me a set, then what's the difference in the grand scheme of things...
rolleyes.gif

I've had good luck with Massdrop (knock on wood.)  I wish they would offer a balanced version in the colors though.

P.S.  I'm in for 2 blues and 2 reds, since I missed the reds last time.

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #6,336 of 7,442
I got 5 on it!

5 Venture Electronics Monk Plus Exclusive Blues are ordered!  Very excited to add to the collection...

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #6,337 of 7,442
I'm going to mod the original monk with cardas cable and viablue jack, don't know if it worth it, but it cost around $70.

Nov 19, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #6,340 of 7,442
Thanks for the tipoff for the mass drop. I'm in. I think. I'm not sure how it works really. I placed an "order" but apparently the "order" doesn't ship until the drop ends. Considering my experience with the recent sennheiser fiasco, all I'm doing is keeping my fingers crossed. 

The purples directly from VE seem like a sure thing so I'll be ordering a couple of pair of those. The VE's are inexpensive for sure, but if you wind up buying multiple pair in multiple colors it adds up!

Nov 19, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #6,341 of 7,442
danmlr While it can add up, I only really end up buying a monk+ whenever a new color comes out, so it might be a couple weeks to a couple months between inexpensive purchases.

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #6,342 of 7,442
@danmlr While it can add up, I only really end up buying a monk+ whenever a new color comes out, so it might be a couple weeks to a couple months between inexpensive purchases.Yep 

Yep and I buy 3 or 4 pairs with each new color and gift some. I'm going to need a new box soon as my MP box is about full. #Firstworldproblem!

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #6,344 of 7,442
So I know I am a bit out of the know right now, but I just got an email from Massdrop with this link.
I said to myself: Dang, maybe finally I can get a VE Monk after all this time.. 
etysmile.gif

The Monk Plus? Seems like a no brainer to me. Any objections to the Monk Plus by Massdrop?

P.S. Sorry if this is old news, I am also going to search the thread..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back