[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 1, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #5,056 of 7,442
What's the deal with this mini monk i've been hearing about?

Those Aliexpress shells I linked made it seem like they worked for either 14.5 or 15.4mm drivers but I could wait if a new shell style's coming out.

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #5,059 of 7,442
Made a rookie mistake with my order - on the VE website, I have my correct shipping address. I paid via Paypal, which I just noticed has the wrong shipping address. Bummer. And they have already shipped the item. Double bummer. I'm now in contact with Lee regarding this. I hope they follow my address that's on their website...

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #5,060 of 7,442
we do not care about ur paypal address

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #5,064 of 7,442
  Looks like there will be a round 2 of Mass Drop exclusive red monk plus. it should be available from August 2 at 6:00 AM PST :)

the drop is now live!
etysmile.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #5,065 of 7,442
  Looks like there will be a round 2 of Mass Drop exclusive red monk plus. it should be available from August 2 at 6:00 AM PST :)

hi Red John, just noticed that you're on head-fi too. i'm a huge fan! :p

and back to topic, so tempted to order again. bought 3 the last time round, and before they arrived had friends reserve all 3 from me. should get more this time just in case.

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #5,066 of 7,442

hi Red John, just noticed that you're on head-fi too. i'm a huge fan! :p

and back to topic, so tempted to order again. bought 3 the last time round, and before they arrived had friends reserve all 3 from me. should get more this time just in case.

I've gotta. My colleagues at work are somewhat enamored of its sound. Think they'll sell like hotcakes again.

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #5,067 of 7,442
The reds sure looks enticing .. initially ordered 2 , couple of minutes later check back look see look see .. itchy fingers place 2 more :xf_eek:

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #5,068 of 7,442
Hey @zhibli06 Lee buddy... just got my 5 red hot Monks. The 1st pair sound just as awesome as all of my other Monks. Thanks dude! Red really isn't my color, but damn, these look good. Nicely done! :)

If you added a mic-monk option, I'd be wearing them everywhere and all of the time. Right now when I get a call, I get kinda sad because I have to remove my Monks and put in some other non-monk-mic-phones instead. So sad. Heck, I'd even pay $6 for mic-monks lol!  Actually, I'd pay a whole lot more.. maybe even $7!!!

Seriously though, the red hot monks are very cool. Thanks again!

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #5,070 of 7,442
  Hey everyone, I got the Monk + but they sound way too different from the originals monks: I am even questioning whether they are good or not to be honest. 

Try sticking on two thin double foams on each driver and see how that works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back