[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jan 23, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #1,501 of 7,442
Forgot to add a review on the shipping. I am located in Canada, so shipping usually takes forever to get to us here. I ordered the Monks on Jan.6 and received them on the 19th, that's less than 2 weeks! I ordered Edifier H180 a week before the Monk on Aliexpress and have yet to see them. So this is just a heads up for any Canadians wanting to order the Monk from Lee, the shipping is indeed really fast!
Nice, also fast in Russia from e-packet :)

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #1,502 of 7,442
But not so fast to Ukraine (e-packet) - more than 2 weeks. Can't wait to receive first pair on Monday! Hope i'll love their sound signature) I'm excited, very interested how they'll work with "my" music, mostly heavy music.

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #1,503 of 7,442
  But not so fast to Ukraine (e-packet) - more than 2 weeks. Can't wait to receive first pair on Monday! Hope i'll love their sound signature) I'm excited, very interested how they'll work with "my" music, mostly heavy music.

They'll be fine.  All I listen to is metal...just about every genre.

Jan 24, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #1,506 of 7,442
I'm so tempted to buy these, but I've never been able to get ear buds to stay in my ears. :expressionless:

I've got my first Monks a couple of days ago and I must admit... I prefer them without any foams. They just tended to slip out of my ears, maybe my ears are small. Anyway, I still like them and before the Monks I've used earbuds without foams (Apple (knock-off?) earbuds).
So I think you should give it a shot and if you don't like them then you can give them away to someone and make them happy. :)

Jan 24, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #1,507 of 7,442
joined the VE group and saw some posts, cant wait for asura v2.0!

Jan 24, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #1,509 of 7,442

should i go xduoo3 for 100$....or shoot for a higher monkie..hmmm

Jan 24, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #1,510 of 7,442
Yep, I've read a few things about the Asura. Asura will be brighter than the 2.0 which is okay since the 2.0 is a bit darker. Buuuut, how are they gonna compare to the Monk? Brighter than the Monk still? and how much bass compared to the Monk? To my ear the Monk had just enough bass but I would like a bit more in the Asura with the better mids/vocals and while it can be brighter than the 2.0 I don't want it any brighter than I find the Monk. That's just me anyhow!

Jan 24, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #1,511 of 7,442
Yep, I've read a few things about the Asura. Asura will be brighter than the 2.0 which is okay since the 2.0 is a bit darker. Buuuut, how are they gonna compare to the Monk? Brighter than the Monk still? and how much bass compared to the Monk? To my ear the Monk had just enough bass but I would like a bit more in the Asura with the better mids/vocals and while it can be brighter than the 2.0 I don't want it any brighter than I find the Monk. That's just me anyhow!
You understood correctly? :hushed: Brighter than VE Zen2.0. Use with foams, its norm :sunglasses:

Jan 24, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #1,513 of 7,442
Thanks Golov. Just someone mention in the other thread. One sentence so just "brighter than the Zen 2.0" is not very much info to say exactly what that means. So, I did post in the Monk thread if anyone heard about the Asura vs. the Monks sound sig. How they compare or fall between both Zen and Monk will give a better idea.
bigsmile_face.gif

There are also different foams for different levels. I was fine using the 2.0 with thinner foams. This was perfect for outside use. Monk it perfect inside but outside they could the thicker foams for me(also depends on source signature). I would hope the Asura are still warmer vs. the Monk(for me) and whether the brighter means lighter/less dark. Or if they just have more treble brightness but still Zen-like bass. Ideally I would like a bit more treble brightness than 2.0 but keep the lows more in the amount of Zen 2.0 esp. for outside use. 

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #1,515 of 7,442
interesting, thought Asura were supposed to be the 'midsy' vocals model for some reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back