[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Oct 31, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #226 of 7,442
Got them! First thing I noticed: they stay in my ear (instead of the Earbells). Took some long time to get the donuts attached but wow. Just wow, $8 really? They sound open and warm, detailed and very pleasant.
Bob Dylan sounds wonderful. Just right! Great.

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #227 of 7,442
Got my Earhoox in and...the Monk's are held more stable in my ear but still not being held in the right position for optimum sound quality. If I hold them in the right position they sound very very good and may even sound better with just the stock red foam donuts on them but they do benefit from the Earhoox stability wise. I wish they had made these an IEM but they probably wouldn't have sounded the same. Great hp for 8 bucks just compromised by the design IMO. I'll still use them but wish they were positioned the way I like.

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #228 of 7,442
  Got my Earhoox in and...the Monk's are held more stable in my ear but still not being held in the right position for optimum sound quality. If I hold them in the right position they sound very very good and may even sound better with just the stock red foam donuts on them but they do benefit from the Earhoox stability wise. I wish they had made these an IEM but they probably wouldn't have sounded the same. Great hp for 8 bucks just compromised by the design IMO. I'll still use them but wish they were positioned the way I like.

It took me a couple of day to get used to, but now when I used them, I don't even notice that they're in my ears.

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #229 of 7,442
Has anybody bought extras of these? I wanted to get 2 pairs but even after being on the phone with my bank & CC company I still can't order thru aliexpress
frown.gif

would love to paypal someone if they have a spare new set... i'll post a WTB :wink:

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #232 of 7,442
I admit I had doubts when I read DJScope saying: "This just might be the best value for money earphone/IEM/headphone that has been ever made" then I thought: "what the hell, if it isn´t up to par, the loss will be minimal"  well now that I have them I subscribe every single word DJScope wrote. These earbuds sound fantastic, yes I had a hard time putting the red foam donuts on and yes they feel slightly big and I have to point  the cable part forwards for optimal sound quality, but what a sound quality!! And that´s connected to my Galaxy S4 phone listening to FLAC files, so I imagine things could get even better with an improved source. I´m so glad I found this thread 
gs1000.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #233 of 7,442
I admit I had doubts when I read DJScope saying: "This just might be the best value for money earphone/IEM/headphone that has been ever made" then I thought: "what the hell, if it isn´t up to par, the loss will be minimal"  well now that I have them I subscribe every single word DJScope wrote. These earbuds sound fantastic, yes I had a hard time putting the red foam donuts on and yes they feel slightly big and I have to point  the cable part forwards for optimal sound quality, but what a sound quality!! And that´s connected to my Galaxy S4 phone listening to FLAC files, so I imagine things could get even better with an improved source. I´m so glad I found this thread :gs1000smile:

The hype is real my friend!!! Uncle scope doesn't lie! :)

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #236 of 7,442

Have you tried the monk with a 75 ohm resistor by any chance? I think @nmatheis suggested it earlier. I dont have a resistor plug to try it with but might be interesting to see how it affects the Monk sound.

It makes it need more power to reach the same volume 
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #237 of 7,442

Have you tried the monk with a 75 ohm resistor by any chance? I think @nmatheis suggested it earlier. I dont have a resistor plug to try it with but might be interesting to see how it affects the Monk sound.

Don't have one. I think the Monk sounds great already! 

It makes it need more power to reach the same volume 
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

LOL!

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #238 of 7,442
With a 75Ohms adapter the bass impact is slightly reduced pushing vocals equally slightly forward. Athough I usually enjoy forward vocals the weakend bass impact makes the Monk less engaging and enjoyable for me with the adapter. YMMV :wink:

Nov 2, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #239 of 7,442

Users who are viewing this thread

Back