[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 29, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #2,435 of 7,442
  Y'all who like Monk and usually go with IEMs, how about trying out some other earbuds during the Ali Express sale? You might discover that you can get even more of what Monk presents...

I want to wait for my DK Jin to arrive before I buy any other earbuds.  It should be just a few days, and I must admit I'm more excited about that than any IEM I just bought today.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #2,436 of 7,442
  Y'all who like Monk and usually go with IEMs, how about trying out some other earbuds during the Ali Express sale? You might discover that you can get even more of what Monk presents...

Any suggestions? I have the Tomahawks and the Cygnus on their way to me already. Something cheap and surprisingly good?

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #2,437 of 7,442

Any suggestions? I have the Tomahawks and the Cygnus on their way to me already. Something cheap and surprisingly good?

I think you have covered your bases with those two. There are other ones being mentioned on the earbuds thread, but these two are among the most popular. There are two Dark Horse earbuds with low impedance on Easy's store on Ali express. I'll give those a chance later...

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #2,438 of 7,442

I think you have covered your bases with those two. There are other ones being mentioned on the earbuds thread, but these two are among the most popular. There are two Dark Horse earbuds with low impedance on Easy's store on Ali express. I'll give those a chance later...

...been watching that thread for a while now. Seen some stuff that's intriguing, but not as much as the Cygnus and the Tomahawk. Maybe I'll suit tight until those arrive then. I do, after all, only have one pair of ears :D

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #2,439 of 7,442

Any recommendations beside the Tomahawk? This one I've already ordered :p

The Monks you are using ARE already 2.0 afaik.  :wink:  

Well, Zen is in it's 2nd revision/release, also the asura and both are selling right now as 2.0 versions. The monks has been the monks since their release, were not listed as 2.0 version and Lee was talking about some updates so i guess the ones we are listening to right now aren't the 2.0.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #2,440 of 7,442
Any recommendations beside the Tomahawk? This one I've already ordered
tongue.gif

Well, Zen is in it's 2nd revision/release, also the asura and both are selling right now as 2.0 versions. The monks has been the monks since their release, were not listed as 2.0 version and Lee was talking about some updates so i guess the ones we are listening to right now aren't the 2.0.

The original Monk had a darker sound signature, and came with red text on it instead of white. It was good, but not as good as the current revision. It didn't get a very wide distribution at all. You might say the Monk was actually the first to get updated to 2.0, Lee just never called it 2.0. He's already stated on Facebook the Monk won't be changed any time soon.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #2,441 of 7,442
Any recommendations beside the Tomahawk? This one I've already ordered
tongue.gif

Well, as I wrote above, Easy has got two low impedance Dark Horse earbuds (and some high impedance ones) that look interesting. Haven't heard them but will check them out later in the spring. Then there's Shozy Cygnus and Tomahawk's big brother Ting...

Mar 29, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #2,444 of 7,442
There won't be ever never Monk 2.0 as Lee said before. :wink:

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #2,445 of 7,442
Straight from Lee on the facebook page:

t was last year today~when head-fi Contributor ClieOS introduced us to head-fi community, and in one year , 
we have 615 members in this group, 
we sold more than 10k monk globally for the last 3 months~

A lot of respected reviewers has told me about monk being too cheap ~ it might hurt my business, since monk is sooo ******* good , why would anybody wanna buy the zen ? or the Asura, well I just wanna say.I don't believe in forcing people to buy anything, we make the monk so good , cuz it can simply bring awesomeness to every monk owners' life for a very long time which only cost 5usd ~ (well some say , there is a 3 usd shipping and stuff, but guys , the shipping within China is almost nothing, so I think it is a fair to count us Chinese in and it is a 5usd earbud) , and I believe those who have the proper gears will support us more if they can by buying the Zen and Asura~so far I think I am pretty ok with the sell~ it is not as hot as China, but it is mostly my fault, We sold more than 200 units of RA inside China~and that is why zen 2.0 really got its rightful place in Chinese Head-fi Community, cuz it is a complete exp, instead of just half ~ Yes, I said it ~without the RA, Zen 2.0 might not shine as much as it should have been, and I don't think there are a lot of good powerful amps out there, I think respected brand like fiio has done one hell of a job by selling amp like e12a for so cheap, but it is not something meant for our Zen 2.0 or duke nor any other power hunger cans out there, the RA is a desktop / portable amp crossover~ we have found the proper tinny psu for them~ with 18v - 1a psu , even the RA1.0 will surprise most of ur zen 2.0 owners that~ the Zen can be this good~

a lot of guys always fear that I will raise the price eventually , well , I will say honestly "it is a very temping idea", you know, even in 20usd price mark, we can still sell **** load of the monks now they are famous,

but That is not what we are about ~ and that won't ever be what we are about.

and mark my word~ the monk will get even better with minor issues fixed ~ u will get more with the same 5usd ~

I am not crazy, I am not kind and I am certainly not trying to be nice~which is not in my nature~

I simply believe in Karma, do good and good **** happen to u ~ 
Do bad and it will come back **** u in the ass~

A lot of people are saying, when is the monk 2.0 coming?

I say , it won't be here ~ probably ever~ as the monk is mostly perfect~

Only minor things that we can upgrade with ~ like logo and stuff

and we will fix them all in time~

once again I just wanna thanks our fans in and outside of this group again~ 
for your trust, support and above all , mostly for putting up with my bad temper lol

Thanks brothers~

Cheers

Lee

No Monk 2.0.  He said this on 3/25/16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back