[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Feb 28, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #1,937 of 7,442
there is one problem with the Monks... they can cause insomnia... they sound the best at night and then this thought keeps appearing in my mind "hm how will x or y sound with the Monks?" :) for example yesterday at 2am I was floored with Caverna Magica by Vollenweider :)

I often suffer from this...I end up staying up way later than I should because I want to keep trying all my music and can't stop listening. Heck, at the moment I haven't even eaten since I figured I would listen "just for a few minutes" before making food 
blink.gif
(that was over an hour ago).

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #1,940 of 7,442
Save the money for Monk v2!? :)

Ok guy..lets discuss , for a slight increase in cost...
what improvements can be made to the great monk?

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #1,941 of 7,442

Added microphone.....

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #1,943 of 7,442
Custom Earhooks for the monk. Current version lips over ports on the back or the front. Had to trim the edges of mine to keep the ports clear. The red foam spare tire just never sticks. I'll admit the full coverage foam makes them comfortable enough and they do stay put. Spare foam would be nice. Where would somebody get replacement foam covers anyway?

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #1,944 of 7,442
i would like to see an L plug ...or a more "regular" plug?
(the current straight plug wont fit into my Asus padfone!?)

though i dun use the microphone, but it would matter when i want to gift it to a fren who cant live without his Iphone buds :p

to include another pair of spare foams 

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #1,945 of 7,442

for a Monk 2.0 It would be cool if they did a clear/dark red case and upgrade cable(silver or crystal). Im not a fan of adding a mic. Also include a case and add earhooks to the package. Maybe try a driver that has a little higher ohm like around 50ish. The only increase in SQ would be widen soundstage... everything else is perfect.

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #1,946 of 7,442
Just to clarify I'd like the mic to be optional. Earbuds are perfect for me in the office due to the low level of isolation but as long as I can't answer phone calls with them it's a no go....

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #1,949 of 7,442
for a Monk 2.0 It would be cool if they did a clear/dark red case and upgrade cable(silver or crystal). Im not a fan of adding a mic. Also include a case and add earhooks to the package. Maybe try a driver that has a little higher ohm like around 50ish. The only increase in SQ would be widen soundstage... everything else is perfect.

A big no for clear/dark case as black looks better and more expensive. I would like to see extra thinner foams only. :wink:

Monk only needs thinner donut foams.

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #1,950 of 7,442

silver or crystal would put the Monk2 into $$$Zenzone ?!
....but life is weird, it might be a surprise hit with such a big following.

was thinkg more like small coin changes LOL
hate to see a Monk2 going beyond 10$ + -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back